NFL

Messi983

Yes, we're doing better than I expected before the season.

OL looks much improved thanks to better coaching though veteran presence of J.R. Sweezy and D.J. Fluker at both guard positions have also helped. We have #1 rushing offense and pass protection is quite solid overall as well. Penny has also played good in last games and hopefully he'll continue to get more carries later in the season though Carson (when healthy) is clearly our #1 RB right now.

Defense is struggling at times but that was expected with many veterans gone/injured. We have some good young players on the DL and in secondary though so I'm optimistic about their longterm future as well.

BTW, what do you think about Mike McCarthy? I believe it's time for him to go.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yes, we're doing better than I expected before the season.

OL looks much improved thanks to better coaching though veteran presence of J.R. Sweezy and D.J. Fluker at both guard positions have also helped. We have #1 rushing offense and pass protection is quite solid overall as well. Penny has also played good in last games and hopefully he'll continue to get more carries later in the season though Carson (when healthy) is clearly our #1 RB right now.

Defense is struggling at times but that was expected with many veterans gone/injured. We have some good young players on the DL and in secondary though so I'm optimistic about their longterm future as well.

BTW, what do you think about Mike McCarthy? I believe it's time for him to go.

It was time last season. I think the defense have actually improved and done well this season. Held the Rams in LA and Seattle until late in the game with the offense constantly misfiring.

The offense this season is looking stale with so much miscommunication and inexplicable plays. The NFL have evolved, but Mike McCarthy who calls the plays is still stuck in 2010.

Him not willing to run the ball is so damn annoying. Aaron Jones is such a talented player, but he doesn't get the ball enough and Rodgers has gone all solo mode and you can see his flaws with him missing so many open receivers.

He's lost the locker room and it's time to look for a fresh new offensive football mind, and hopefully keep Mike Pettine as the DC.

I think the team got some talent which is not utilized well enough. Need some reinforcements at RG and need a couple of pass rushers as Clay Matthews and Nick Perry are useless, but the receivers are promising, Davante is a legit #1 receiver, got a couple of good RBs and the secondary is looking much better this season.

Even if this team somehow miraculously makes the playoffs(one game behind the Wild Card spot), McCarthy should go.

Just way too conservative, plays not to lose and his scheme is outdated and he's too stubborn to do something about it.

Last edited:

raki

They shoud haver never released Jordy Nelson, A-Rod best partner. Jimmy Graham does not connect with the Bad Man.
McCarthy is outdated. Completely. He has to go. The Packers need a coach from the West Coast offense mindset.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
Except for crazy playoff or Super Bowl stuff that game yesterday was the best I have ever seen. Simply insane.

League is very interesting this year. I guess favorites for the title are Saints, Rams, Chiefs, Steelers and Pats. These five are the best teams for me. Maybe Chargers or Texans as dark horses but I would not bet on those two. Also Panthers and Bears will probably not make a deep playoff run.

DonAK

They shoud haver never released Jordy Nelson, A-Rod best partner. Jimmy Graham does not connect with the Bad Man.
McCarthy is outdated. Completely. He has to go. The Packers need a coach from the West Coast offense mindset.

Jordy hasn't looked too good for the Raiders this season although they are a trainwreck with an idiot as their head coach.

It was the right decision to cut him, cap-wise. Made too much money and age was catching up to him. The team will be in a good position cap-wise after this season to go after decisive players on defense.

Also had Jordy not left Davante Adams would not have been the legit #1 option he now is. Rodgers often tried to force the ball to Jordy.

I think Jimmy will look better with a new coach who schemes players open. I would have killed to have Sean McVay right now.....

Josh McDaniels or the KC Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy would be good options.

raki

Jordy hasn't looked too good for the Raiders this season although they are a trainwreck with an idiot as their head coach.

It was the right decision to cut him, cap-wise. Made too much money and age was catching up to him. The team will be in a good position cap-wise after this season to go after decisive players on defense.

Also had Jordy not left Davante Adams would not have been the legit #1 option he now is. Rodgers often tried to force the ball to Jordy.

I think Jimmy will look better with a new coach who schemes players open. I would have killed to have Sean McVay right now.....

Josh McDaniels or the KC Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy would be good options.

Rodgers needs more than Davante. They double cover him and then the offense struggles. The best teams in the NFL have multiple weapons in the wide receivers and running backs.

Brees has 2 top receivers plus 2 running backs that can be receivers: Ingram and Kamara.
The Chiefs have Hill, Kelce, Hunt and Conley who´s very good.
The Rams have Gurley, Woods, Kup and Cooks.

The Packers have a rookie RB Jones who was neglected against the Seawaks by the coach. Almost no carries in the 2nd half.
Graham struggles, Cobb is injured many games just like Geronimo Allison. They dont use free agency and they are quiet in the trades market. They even traded Clinton Dix , a Pro Bowler and one of the best defenders. lol.

i dont get it this approach. They are wasting a once in a generation QB in Rodgers. 1 SB appearance with a guy like him is poor management all around.

Messi983

The Bengals are getting destroyed by the Browns.

Hue Jackson couldn't coach Baker Mayfield and now he can't stop him. :lol: I actually feel for Hue for the level of trolling he's getting. He seems like a good guy whom his former players still respect but it's obviuos he's not a HC material. I still think he could be a good OC in a functional team which the Browns are not though they are starting to look better.

[youtube]yMNaxqW4FQc[/youtube]

:lol:

Seahawks with an important away win at Carolina. They've managed to slow down our running game but Russell made some great plays. We're still not in playoff positions right now but I think we have good chances to get there. We should win against San Francisco this week and then we have a crucial MNF vs Minnesota. If we win we'll have a possible h2h advantage against all of our biggest rivals for wild card positions (MIN, CAR, DAL - though the Cowboys will probably win NFC East now that Alex Smith is out for the season).

BTW, anyone watching NCAA football?

xXKonan

I have a soft spot for the Browns.

My dad who follows OU Football (NCAA) was a huge fan of Baker Mayfield during his time there. It seems like the Browns finally have a gem on their hands. Much better than Johnny Manziel, who flopped big time.

Messi983

I'll like the Cleveland Browns too if they take Mike McCarthy off us.

Bruce Arians said he would come out of retirement only to coach the Browns. Don't know if he's serious about that but I think he would be a very good fit with them and help Mayfield to develop early in his career.

DonAK

Bruce Arians said he would come out of retirement only to coach the Browns. Don't know if he's serious about that but I think he would be a very good fit with them and help Mayfield to develop early in his career.

I can't see the man returning from his retirement right now, seem a lot more comfy doing the job he's doing currently for CBS.

I think they most likely will get someone like Lincoln Riley or the Kansas City Chiefs OC Eric Bieniemy, with the current trending of offense-minded head coaches.

Riley had Mayfield at OU and John Dorsey knows Bieniemy from his time at KC. I won't rule them out from getting McCarthy either although I think that would be a mistake, Mike is not a bad coach, but he's way too stubborn and need to modernize his scheme and evolve as a coach. The Browns's front office is loaded with people who were in the Packers front office so they might rate him highly.

He's too loyal to his people too never holding them accountable.

I watch college football from time to time. Don't follow any particular team, but I keep an eye on the major games and rivalries like Texas vs OU.

Last edited:

DonAK

Rodgers needs more than Davante. They double cover him and then the offense struggles. The best teams in the NFL have multiple weapons in the wide receivers and running backs.

Brees has 2 top receivers plus 2 running backs that can be receivers: Ingram and Kamara.
The Chiefs have Hill, Kelce, Hunt and Conley who´s very good.
The Rams have Gurley, Woods, Kup and Cooks.

The Packers have a rookie RB Jones who was neglected against the Seawaks by the coach. Almost no carries in the 2nd half.
Graham struggles, Cobb is injured many games just like Geronimo Allison. They dont use free agency and they are quiet in the trades market. They even traded Clinton Dix , a Pro Bowler and one of the best defenders. lol.

i dont get it this approach. They are wasting a once in a generation QB in Rodgers. 1 SB appearance with a guy like him is poor management all around.

I forgot to reply to this.

I would agree. We need another top receiver which is why the new GM tried to sign Allen Robinson in the off-season, but Chicago got him instead. There's not many good options in the next free agency either so perhaps they should use a high draft pick on an impact receiver with great speed like Tyrek Hill, the team need one receiver who can fly off scrimmage that can line outside or in the slot.

I don't think Jordy would help though. He was making a lot of money, around 12m in cap hit yearly and was struggling to get much separation.

The poor state of the team is because the organization and Mike McCarthy have failed to evolve. Ted Thompson's last few drafts were a mess which is why he was fired last year, and I believe he has health issues, possibly dementia as he was displaying some obvious signs of it.

Ha-Ha Clinton-Dix was making some signs that he was not going to renew to stay so Brian Gutekunst got a draft pick for him.

Next year we have two 1st round picks and will have around 40m in cap space.

I would like them to go for two new pass rushers, a top receiver with pace to burn and draft some more depth into the OL. Then use free agency to get a new safety like Landon Collins or possibly Earl Thomas. The new GM has said he want to be aggressive and win and I trust him as he tried to trade for Khalil Mack too and offered the Raiders two first round picks, but Gruden believed the Chicago first-rounders would be better picks, he was wrong lol.

New coach too obviously. My top three choices would be Josh McDaniels, Eric Bieniemy and Pete Carmichael. The offensive coordinators of the Patriots, Chiefs and Saints.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans