NFL

UEFA_Barça_Chris

o Fenômeno
Fuck Philly and everyone who breathes in that depressing environment (minus Beanie Siegel and Joe Frazier )....but I’m glad you defeated the patriots.

Messi983

Meh, I've overslept totally expecting Brady bunch to win another one. Don't like the Eagles but they were the lesser of two evils so happy they've won. Congrats.

Now I can start to prepare for the draft which is one of my favourite events every year. Only 80 more days. :(

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Fuck Brady and the Patriots.

The Real Madrid of the NFL. Great player and athlete obviously....too bad he's also a cheater though.

JamDav1982

I like Brady and Belichick and would liked to have seen another win but the defence of the Pats was awful.

Felt like Eagles would score points every time they got it.

DonAK

Meh, I've overslept totally expecting Brady bunch to win another one. Don't like the Eagles but they were the lesser of two evils so happy they've won. Congrats.

Now I can start to prepare for the draft which is one of my favourite events every year. Only 80 more days. :(

What did you think about your pick? A RB without an offensive lineup to help him or Russell Wilson seem like an odd move.

Messi983

What did you think about your pick? A RB without an offensive lineup to help him or Russell Wilson seem like an odd move.

I was surprised at first but I like Penny as a player. Many experts think he was a reach but there were quite strong rumours that Belichick and the Browns liked him so he'd probably be gone in 30-35 range and if he was our guy it's understandable we didn't trade down again which we probably would other times because we needed more picks starting a draft without 2nd or 3rd round picks (well, we got a 3rd rounder by trading back with GB for 9 spots but I still think we'd like to have another one in that 70-90 range). One of the biggest reasons for choosing Penny over some of the more established names was probably his durability and relatively low mileage compared to other top rated RBs.

Our main focus this offseason was to improve the running game which was nonexistent in last two years. If we can do that I think Russell will be under less pressure as well. About OL problems it seems Carroll has analyzed the issues and thought they were more on the coaching than players and fans also mostly blamed OL coach Cable (he has now handpicked two linemen in top 3 rounds for Oakland and we'll see how they'll develop but if I was a Raiders fan I'd be quite wary about his choices) for our struggles. Now he and OC Bevell are gone and we'll see if new coaches will do better. People are often saying we don't care about OL but we've invested a lot of high picks in it over the past few years. Ifedi was a 1st rounder in 2016 while Britt and Pocic were 2nd round picks. We've also traded this years 3rd round pick for LT Brown (so we can basically consider him as a part of this year draft class) during the last season and signed D.J. Fluker (also a former 1st round pick) in free agency. He played quite well at the start of last season for the Giants under our new OL coach Mike Solari before he got injured. Then we also drafted (according to the experts) by far the best blocking TE Will Dissly and he should help us as well. It was painful watching Graham blocking. We wasted 1st round pick and money invested in him with Bevell having no clue how to use him. :banghead: I'm happy they are both gone though I'd like to see how JG would do under a different OC.

People are giving our draft class bad grades (also, I know it's talking heads job but I don't like them looking for winners and lossers a few minutes/hours after the draft ends) but the same thing happened in 2012. After years of poor drafting I think this is by far our best draft since then and rookies will prove that on the field too. I love Shaqueem Griffin not just because of his backstory and reuniting with his twin brother but because I think he'll be a very good player. I like Penny, Dissly (he's from my favourite college so I'm a bit biased here :)) and Green too. In a year or two Tre Flowers could also develop into a good player, maybe even a starter. If I trust Carroll somewhere is in his development of defensive backs. I even like that Australian punter who should make Jon Ryan's contract expendable and save us some money.

I think 2018 will be a rebuilding year and we won't make a playoff especially with the Rams going all in with agressive offseason moves and 49ers also improving - though I think Jimmy G is not as good as he looked last season - but I believe we'll be back into contention in 2019 and beyond.

Messi983

Insane MNF game today. Big play after big play in the first half.

46525419_2550592291626264_6867180603498823680_n.jpg

DonAK

Seattle looking good [MENTION=20930]Messi983[/MENTION]

Beat Green Bay in one of them most infuriating losses I've witnessed as a fan of the Packers.

Home of Barca Fans