NFL

KingLeo10

i like to think of real and the pats are the two evils of sports, but the funny thing is the pats are probably closer to us in that the system they run simply overwhelms teams at the slightest hint of weakness. look at what brady did tonight, 62 throw attempts and 470 yards? in terms of throwing ability, he is nowhere near rodgers but that cerebral mastery he has over the play (something we had under pep with our immaculate passing and teamplay) makes him untouchable.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I don't get it, why is the Patriots the most hated sports team in the US? Just because they are so damn good? That they have built something closest to a dynasty? That they allegedly didn't play fairly with all the spygate and deflagate stuff? Jealousy?

Personally I'd think they are more like our reign between 2008 and 2012. Almost impeccable.

All the political stuff aside, of course.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Spot on Luft. They hate the Patriots because they make their team feel inadequate. Also neutrals feel it's boring.

KingLeo10

I don't get it, why is the Patriots the most hated sports team in the US? Just because they are so damn good? That they have built something closest to a dynasty? That they allegedly didn't play fairly with all the spygate and deflagate stuff? Jealousy?

Personally I'd think they are more like our reign between 2008 and 2012. Almost impeccable.

it is a mix of jealousy of their sustained success/dominance and disgust at the way they, despite being good, resort to cheating (proven not alleged) and generally underhanded tactics. there is also their recent alignment with trump, from robert kraft the owner to belichick to brady.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
it is a mix of jealousy of their sustained success/dominance and disgust at the way they, despite being good, resort to cheating (proven not alleged) and generally underhanded tactics. there is also their recent alignment with trump, from robert kraft the owner to belichick to brady.

I see, thank you. The jealousy part is akin to how some fans feel or felt about us.

From what I read, spygate was proven but deflagate is still a toss up, a bit wishy washy. And as an ardent hater of Trump and most of what he stands for, I read that the reason why Bob Kraft, who has been a donor to the Democrats, is a friend of Trump's because Trump consoled him and gave him a lot of support when Kraft's wife passed. I can understand why he considers Trump a friend if that was true.

KingLeo10

I see, thank you. The jealousy part is akin to how some fans feel or felt about us.

From what I read, spygate was proven but deflagate is still a toss up, a bit wishy washy. And as an ardent hater of Trump and most of what he stands for, I read that the reason why Bob Kraft, who has been a donor to the Democrats, is a friend of Trump's because Trump consoled him and gave him a lot of support when Kraft's wife passed. I can understand why he considers Trump a friend if that was true.

agree, the whole uefalona phase is perfect parallel, thankfully enrique is doing his best to put that success and phrase behind us :lucho:

and you're right about what you've read, on a personal level, i think the relationship between kraft and trump is understandable viewed in context. i guess brady and belichick get a lot of heat as they are prominent figures but don't really voice against the nonsense trump puts out, unlike many of their peers. but hey, the beloved michael jordan hasn't exactly been known to take a stand on social/political issues, and he has held an even more influential position than brady/ belichick.

Messi983

I don't like Pats or Brady but that was an amazing comeback. But even bigger choking from the Failcons. They most likely won't get over that loss for 20 or 30 years. I won't be surprised if they won't even come back to the playoffs for the next few years.

Someone closed it.

That someone probably thought the game was over at HT. :p

Tonight is when I learned there's no point being nice and rooting for the good side.

So from now on, I pledge my allegiance to The Empire.

be68c17ef29f9baba50a7815184f1f80e377d7937b955cfe9eeee51c3742163e.jpg

Yannik

something that is bothering me: Why the fuck would you decide the first drive of OT by a fucking coin toss? That's like a matchball decided by randomness.

F

FlaFCB

something that is bothering me: Why the fuck would you decide the first drive of OT by a fucking coin toss? That's like a matchball decided by randomness.

Yeah, that isn't fair. Should be another 15 min, or at least 10.

Yannik

The problem with that is you could finish the OT tied. Another OT?

Yeah why not? A 3rd and 4th drive, at some point one of the teams will fuck up. Take rounds, same like pens in european football.
OT in european football lasts a third of the entire gametime, whereas OT in american football is over after 5minutes or so. It's better than having a fucking coin decide a major advantage like that imo.

Last edited:

Richard.H

They are much more comparable to RM than Barca. Patriots play "counter-attacking" American Football. They largely adapt their game to play against the weaknesses of their opponents. They're not like the Packers who will just play their own style no matter the opponent.

Politically they align with the rich and the republicans in the US. They're not the team for the middle class or poor American.

I honestly think it's a huge disrespect to Barca to be compared to Patriots. We don't get favorable calls from refs or have multiple cheating allegations.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Yeah why not? A 3rd and 4th drive, at some point one of the teams will fuck up. Take rounds, same like pens in european football.
OT in european football lasts a third of the entire gametime, whereas OT in american football is over after 5minutes or so. It's better than having a fucking coin decide a major advantage like that imo.

Don't know if it is definitely a major advantage to attack first/have the first drive. I read that in the 13/14 season between the Patriots and the Broncos the Pats chose to defend after winning the coin toss?

Altomonte

Another RM parallel is their extreme luck yesterday. Not only the OT coin toss but the catch by Edelman, with 3 defenders on him. Edelman's catch was the defining moment, he played the role of Sergio Ramos.

Home of Barca Fans