NFL

I

instinct

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] is a cheesehead. I demand an infraction for him!

Richard.H

[MENTION=15376]DonAK[/MENTION] is a cheesehead. I demand an infraction for him!

profilepic15455_4.gif

Richard.H

Anybody else recently tried getting into NFL?

I'm having a very hard time watching a game from beginning to end. The constant stoppage every 2 seconds makes me get impatient. I know there's a lot of tactics involved in this sport, but I'm so used to watching basketball and soccer, 2 sports where you can be entertained for 3 consecutive minutes.

I can watch the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter of a close game, but getting through a whole game? Forget about it, I get too distracted by something else or rather waste my time doing something else (such as posting here).

Is it just not for me, or should I be patient about it?

barcanuck

I'm having a very hard time watching a game from beginning to end. The constant stoppage every 2 seconds makes me get impatient. I know there's a lot of tactics involved in this sport, but I'm so used to watching basketball and soccer, 2 sports where you can be entertained for 3 consecutive minutes.

I can watch the last 2 minutes of the 4th quarter of a close game, but getting through a whole game? Forget about it, I get too distracted by something else or rather waste my time doing something else (such as posting here).

You have to PVR the games and the fast forward all the damn commercials. Only way to do it, then you realize the war that's out there.

Ini8

¡Gr?*cies Xavi!

I'm in the same situation. Decided to give NFL a try just before the playoffs and I found the amount of stoppages in play ridiculous. I'm trying to give it a chance though and it's got a bit better recently. Vikings vs Seahawks was a good game, definitely kept me interested throughout the whole game.

Which teams do people on here support? Since there's no team in LA, I think I'll go with Seahawks.

diegomessi

Anxiously waiting for the next match

My advice, skip the first half. Usually if it is a game worth watching the good stuff starts in the 4th quarter.

Blaugrana Bull

HiiiPoWeR
This is the first season that I have been watching since first week. In the last years I only did watch a couple of playoff games and the Super Bowl.
I have no problem with the constant breaks, commercials etc. I guess I am used to it because of the NBA. I watch almost every Bulls game and as much playoff games as possible and in Basketball there are constant breaks too.

ManusXavi

Personally as a Rugby fan I love this game and understand it so well. I love it because there are so many parts and players that do their part to make a play happen. Each and every play is like it's own game of chess.
Watching a game of NFL is like watching 100 games of chess. It's so awesome and interesting to see how each play plays out. I love it. I also like to watch the indoor stuff.
I don't make a lot of time to watch more than a few games during the regular season but in the playoffs I watch most of the games

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Yeah. Unfortunately it ended with Cardinals winning :(

Well played and congrats to them though.......

Home of Barca Fans