NFL

hellsangel1

The Niners are supposed to be one of the best defensive teams in the league but they didn\t play like it in these last few games, giving up about 30 pts per game in the post-season and their secondary gave up some big plays. That secondary has been exposed once they can't get any pressure upfront. After Justin Smith had his injury and has been less than 100% , we've hardly heard from Aldon Smith.

I had my doubts about this Niners secondary after watching what Tom Brady did to them in the second half in New England. Now, Brady is one of the best to ever play the game but he put up some big plays in that games and that is not the strength of the Patriots who are more of a dink-and-dunk type of offense which relies on sustained short yardage plays.

Anyways, I hope the Packers can actually give Rodgers some help and improve that defense and/or running game and I'd be hoping that the Giants play better next season, that team just didn't bring it emotionally towards the end and it looked like they weren't hungry enough to repeat (although not having a healthy Hakeem Nicks did have a huge effect on them).

hellsangel1

Its the half time show that really confirms that the NFL is boring, sport is entertainment and the fact that you need another form of entertainment to increase the entertainment value in your sport is pretty lame.

The half time show is mostly to generate interest internationally so that people who don't watch this sport can maybe get interested and it seems like it works as you can see from some of the replies in this forum from people who seem to have no clue about the sport or are watching it for the first time. America doesn't need a half-time show in order to be entertained or generate interest about football, that sport is like a religion in most parts of the country.

Corb

Special 1, 2, 3, 4, 5...
There's a thing I don't understand. A team has a limited occasions to do a touchdown or they keep it trying until the other team recovers the possession?

Galning

There's a thing I don't understand. A team has a limited occasions to do a touchdown or they keep it trying until the other team recovers the possession?

If it's a first and goal they have 4 tries to score a touchdown.

Blue Demon

What is a first and a goal? :D

To keep possession of the ball, a team has four tries to reach ten yards. Each 'try' is a labeled as a 'down'. {First down, Second down...) After a team reaches ten yards, it automatically reverts back to First Down. A team can go up to Fourth down but if they don't reach and pass the ten yards intended. Ball goes to the other team. In some instances, when a team reaches makes it to 4th down, if they are away from passing the target ten yards, they elect to kick the ball to the other team.

The example above had the team reach the limit which is the touchdown line. The last sequence had the 49ers at the goal line where they had four tries (downs) to pass the line in order to score.

Thought it was a great game and in a way, without the power outage I thought it could have been a lopsided victory. At least it made it an interesting game.

Still there were many calls that could have changed the game outright.

Home of Barca Fans