This guy could be the key to signing Neymar

89Norcal

Bojan Krkic
Bojan_Kr_1918703a.JPG

Here's why:

You guys might remember Bojan left Barca in the 2011 summer transfer window. Even though he was a promising youngster, he couldn't contend with Pedro and David Villa were were the two top Spanish forwards at the top of their games.

We sold him to Roma for €12 million, where he scored 7 goals for them. AC Milan signed Roma on loan in late August after witnessing their complete lack of scoring power vs Real Madrid in the summer friendly.

Here's the key part, we negotiated a buy-back clause for €13 million, with an option for Roma AND AC Milan to buy for €28 million by 2013, very close to the 2014 deadline on Neymar's Santos contract (which I assume will be severed by a big club anyway). It may be a stretch but Roma and Milan are two teams that could use a good forward. The funds from this transfer would help pay the fee considering our new, more conservative transfer policies.

Some of you may not be fans of Neymar, and I'd prefer he'd bulk up more before coming to Europe, but he's genuine talent that would fit nicely in our team. What do you guys think.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism
Roma obviously don't want him & Milan will wouldn't buy him if he's more than €2 million, he'll be heading back to Barcelona 100%

89Norcal

Roma obviously don't want him & Milan will wouldn't buy him if he's more than €2 million, he'll be heading back to Barcelona 100%

That's what I first thought, but isn't selling Pato a possibility? Milan have spent alot of money and time trying to cure his hamstring problems.

I don't see how Roma don't want him, they bought him for 12m and have an option to buy permanently. Totti is past it and the rest of their forwards are young and not as promising as Bojan.

F

Flavia

That's what I first thought, but isn't selling Pato a possibility? Milan have spent alot of money and time trying to cure his hamstring problems.

I don't see how Roma don't want him, they bought him for 12m and have an option to buy permanently. Totti is past it and the rest of their forwards are young and not as promising as Bojan.
Roma doesn't want him because he didn't do much while there, and because the fee to keep Bojan is too high. He'll probably be sold for peanuts, and I hope milan buys him. And he's already 22, can't be labeled as "promising" forever.

Ode to Django

You're not even a real journalism

Well Roma under Zeman don't want him, otherwise he wouldn't have been loaned, Destro is also more promising than Bojan IMO, esp looking at how Bojan has been the past couple years, even though i like Bojan.

Milan are broke & certainly wont be paying a big fee for Bojan, we didn't even buy Aquilani for a fee of €3 when we had the chance :facepalm: so yeah the only thing i can see is him heading straight back, not unless another club jumps in, but it wont be Roma or Milan, i assure you.

evilhita666

Barçapocalypse NOW!
The thing is that Bojan is not promising anymore... Sure he's young, but he should be already delivering, something he didn't do for Roma and isn't doing for Milan, so why would they pay 28 million on a guy who can't back up the hype?

89Norcal

Roma doesn't want him because he didn't do much while there, and because the fee to keep Bojan is too high. He'll probably be sold for peanuts, and I hope milan buys him. And he's already 22, can't be labeled as "promising" forever.

True but I think we'll see what he's capable of at AC Milan with some better players around him.

Well Roma under Zeman don't want him, otherwise he wouldn't have been loaned, Destro is also more promising than Bojan IMO, esp looking at how Bojan has been the past couple years, even though i like Bojan.

Milan are broke & certainly wont be paying a big fee for Bojan, we didn't even buy Aquilani for a fee of €3 when we had the chance :facepalm: so yeah the only thing i can see is him heading straight back, not unless another club jumps in, but it wont be Roma or Milan, i assure you.

Ya I know Milan were trying to balance and are on a tight budget, this whole idea rests on whether they'll offload Pato, who I wish could stay healthy because I think he's an exciting player. Honestly I think Barca will dig in their pockets to get Neymar regardless, but this situation would get him sooner.

89Norcal

The thing is that Bojan is not promising anymore... Sure he's young, but he should be already delivering, something he didn't do for Roma and isn't doing for Milan, so why would they pay 28 million on a guy who can't back up the hype?

He's only been at Milan 1 month though.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Milan is going to end up paying 3M for Bojan, and that's assuming they want him for that much. Barca can probably get a solid 2M from Valencia or Fiorentina for Bojan though.

89Norcal

Milan is going to end up paying 3M for Bojan, and that's assuming they want him for that much. Barca can probably get a solid 2M from Valencia or Fiorentina for Bojan though.

Barca negotiated a 15m buy-out clause between with Milan for Bojan, so it wouldn't be for 3m. Roma's buy-out is still at 28m I believe.

To buy Bojan from Milan, Barca would have to pay 18m. I don't know what the deadline is for that though.

La Furia

Legion of Doooom
Barca negotiated a 15m buy-out clause between with Milan for Bojan, so it wouldn't be for 3m. Roma's buy-out is still at 28m I believe.

To buy Bojan from Milan, Barca would have to pay 18m. I don't know what the deadline is for that though.

If that's the case, then Milan is going to laugh and drive Bojan to the airport.

M

Messi+Eto

Lets just admit it. Bojan will never fulfil his initial potentials. I say initial, because he has lost it.

89Norcal

If that's the case, then Milan is going to laugh and drive Bojan to the airport.

Maybe, but people overestimate flexibility in the transfer world. It's totally possible that Bojan does well enough and Milan DON'T find a suitable/affordable replacement if they were to sell him back. Even if they do they'll have to negotiate wages which could be a deal breaker for Milan at this point. Obviously Bojan wasn't too big a burden.

And I've seen crazier transfers before, like slamming an Ibra shaped peg through a round hole while offloading our star forward or a Merseyside club splurging 35m on an in-form striker.

Home of Barca Fans