Valencia

khaled_a_d

Why not for him? I know that their coaches didn't have much continuity since Emery left but it looks like they are trying to change things and he could return them back on the right track.

Doubt it,specially after Cesare Prandelli
He is the kind of strong personality coach, and it caused him his place in Villarreal despite such big success. Doubt Valencia will be more supportive

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Diego Alves has left them for Flamengo. Not sure what to think of that. Yes, he has been very good against us and a pain in our ass, but he has also been of good help with his performances against Real Madrid. Especially trolling Ronaldo with all the penalty saves. Will miss him. Great goalkeeper, and one of the GOATs at saving penalties.

BarcaOG

Banned
Diego Alves has left them for Flamengo. Not sure what to think of that. Yes, he has been very good against us and a pain in our ass, but he has also been of good help with his performances against Real Madrid. Especially trolling Ronaldo with all the penalty saves. Will miss him. Great goalkeeper, and one of the GOATs at saving penalties.

that really sucks, i think alves is such a great keeper. bummer for la liga and europe generally. really, flamengo? can someone shed light on this?

Messi983

He just wanted to play regularly and be close to Tite's eyes in a season before WC. And he'll probably have easier time to adapt back home than going to live in different country after he spent last decade of his life in Spain.

Messi983

Valencia have announced new plans for renovation of Mestalla. Hopefully it will go through this time.

[tw]915907368147456000[/tw]

El Flaco

[tw]920600597300154368[/tw]

Although I think Messi should've definitely won this award, it's still an recognition for how impressive Zaza has been for Valencia this season.

Can't believe it's the same player who sucked badly at West Ham.

Messi983

Zaza already played good last season but he made a big step forward so far this season. Looks like Marcelino's 4-4-2 is a perfect fit for him. I still think they should find an improvement over Rodrigo/Mina as 2nd striker alongside Zaza though and they probably will next summer.

I'm not surprised that Marcelino made Valencia a competitive team again but it's a bit surprising he did it so soon. I thought they'll need more time for all new signings (most of them joined Valencia in late August) to gel together and if everything would go well for them this season they could maybe challenge for top 6 spot but right now I have them as a favourite for 4th place over Sevilla (who despite good results in La Liga are not really convincing to me). They've shown some weaknesses lately but I still see Atletico as a step above both Sevilla and Valencia and expect them to prove that during the season. I'd also like to see Villarreal to improve (they've done pretty well under new coach so far) so that 3 teams would compete for 4th place.

Back to Valencia. Overall depth of the team is a bit concerning imo and maybe they could adress some of those needs in January transfer window. But if they'll finish 4th and qualify for CL I think they need a better RB, probably another CB and more depth in CM positions where they only have Kondogbia (another player who surprised me this season after all the negative comments I've read about his time at Inter) and Parejo for now. Soler could play there of course but he's a starter in wide midfielder position. I've read that they will try to buy Guedes as well since he's doing great so far. Don't know if they have a buy option for him but PSG probably wouldn't mind to sell him with all attacking players they have.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Zaza already played good last season but he made a big step forward so far this season. Looks like Marcelino's 4-4-2 is a perfect fit for him. I still think they should find an improvement over Rodrigo/Mina as 2nd striker alongside Zaza though and they probably will next summer.

I'm not surprised that Marcelino made Valencia a competitive team again but it's a bit surprising he did it so soon. I thought they'll need more time for all new signings (most of them joined Valencia in late August) to gel together and if everything would go well for them this season they could maybe challenge for top 6 spot but right now I have them as a favourite for 4th place over Sevilla (who despite good results in La Liga are not really convincing to me). They've shown some weaknesses lately but I still see Atletico as a step above both Sevilla and Valencia and expect them to prove that during the season. I'd also like to see Villarreal to improve (they've done pretty well under new coach so far) so that 3 teams would compete for 4th place.

Back to Valencia. Overall depth of the team is a bit concerning imo and maybe they could adress some of those needs in January transfer window. But if they'll finish 4th and qualify for CL I think they need a better RB, probably another CB and more depth in CM positions where they only have Kondogbia (another player who surprised me this season after all the negative comments I've read about his time at Inter) and Parejo for now. Soler could play there of course but he's a starter in wide midfielder position. I've read that they will try to buy Guedes as well since he's doing great so far. Don't know if they have a buy option for him but PSG probably wouldn't mind to sell him with all attacking players they have.

Guedes really looks great. Don't know if they have an option to buy but they should definitely go for it. Valencia don't have European matches so their lack of depth maybe won't be such a problem. Btw. they are playing Sevilla this weekend, that will be a peach.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
[tw]920600597300154368[/tw]

Although I think Messi should've definitely won this award, it's still an recognition for how impressive Zaza has been for Valencia this season.

Can't believe it's the same player who sucked badly at West Ham.

Don't take those awards seriously. Think those are the same where Messi barely won all.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Forget the likes of Man City and Napoli.

It sucks to see how entertaining football the likes of Valencia are playing when we got the superior talent. Something is terribly wrong in Barcelona right now.

KingLeo10

It sucks to see how entertaining football the likes of Valencia are playing when we got the superior talent. Something is terribly wrong in Barcelona right now.

culture of complacency, arrogance, and corruption. it's systemic and it takes a generation to sort out. real had its decade long one not too long ago, united, bayern, and us are suffering it now.

Givenchy

im not sure we can use the word talent to describe some of our players right now :lol: im not suprised atall by how were playing, im suprised we started so well, something is wrong indeed and all fingers point to that ratfaced cunt we call president

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Main difference is coach and, also very important, hungry players. Look at Napoli too. Or Dortmund. There's a sense of excitement around them. We need to find that spark again.

Home of Barca Fans