Valencia

LeeRomeno

Main difference is coach and, also very important, hungry players. Look at Napoli too. Or Dortmund. There's a sense of excitement around them. We need to find that spark again.

Same spark is in Valencia, even ManCity or Monaco last season. If you have not won anything a long time or had disappointing season and everything matches with coach and players you get that extra spark. We had that as well with Peps first season and Luchos first season(second half of it). If we will find it this season, time will tell.

Cule Finn

Do any of you guys think Valencia could push for the title this season? I've got to admit I haven't seen many of their games this season, but obviously result-wise they've been excellent. I've also heard that they play attractive, fast football under Marcelino. Under normal circumstances they would probably fall short, but this season all the bigger teams are somewhat struggling, so the window is open for a surprise. Marcelino's coaching style is pretty demanding, so they could burn-out at some point, although not having any european responsibilities will help them in the league. Barca's visit to Mestalla in a couple of weeks time could already be very significant in the fight for the title.

michelco

Statistically Valencia have the most effective attack, by far. With Zaza and Rodrigo scoring with every third shot or so (who would've thought these two would become consistent scorers lol). With good contributions from wide players as well.

Squad is decent. It depends to see if Maksi can relieve Kondogbia, if Soler can relieve Parejo etc. Biggest weakness IMO is right back where Montoya has been atrocious and Nacho is too inexperienced.

What will probably be a major issue is complacency, you'd see versus Leganes that the players weren't as focused as before and didn't run as much as before.

JamDav1982

Valencia were not that great vs Leganes yesterday. They were outplayed in first half and leave a lot of room for opposition to pass the ball.

hulinat

They'll start dropping points soon and will likely lose some players in january.

Rodrigo and Zaza are also both really poor players but theyre just happening to be in the form of their lives right now.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Do we want them to drop points at Espanyol tomorrow or not? I'd like them to win and keep up the fight. We aren't playing great and having big gap would get us complacent.

JerseyAddict

I am on the other hand starting to be annoyed by this Valencia run. They really put some pressure. I want to see Barça walk through this La Liga so it can be focused on CL playoffs.

But I can't see Valencia keep it up all season like this. They will drop it like Sevilla last season.

Last edited:

Icarium

Lifestealer
Valencia doing real good right now. Match will be good, hoping for some huge performances from our stars.

bodi16

Do we want them to drop points at Espanyol tomorrow or not? I'd like them to win and keep up the fight. We aren't playing great and having big gap would get us complacent.
This is exactly what i thought, we would end up just like Bayern in the recent seasons. Anyway, we will see soon enough if they are serious title contenders or not.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We wouldn't value La Liga if we ran away with it. Glad Valencia won against those Pericos anyway.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
And finally Sunday 20:45 game. To sit down, grab a beer and relax with some great football. :cheers: I CAN'T WAIT :barcascarf: Ever more hyped than Wednesday Juve game.

Same here :) Don't like the afternoon games and I also prefer Sundays for football.

Having same feeling as when Cuper's Valencia used to crush us with those counter attacking football through Killy Gonzalez and Claudio Lopez.

Home of Barca Fans