Valencia

xXKonan

[tw]1155574206077243392[/tw]

Troubling news for Valencia as Mateu Alemany is going to call for a meeting tomorrow as he's considering leaving Valencia due to various disagreements with Peter Lim.

Messi983

Official: Marcelino sacked by Valencia and Albert Celades will be his replacement

They are idiots. Alemany will probably leave too now as he was on Marcelino's side. Peter Lim will destroy the club.

xXKonan

Talk about launching a tactical nuke on your own club.

Like the fuck was Lim thinking? does he realize what Marcelino and Alemany have done to actually steady the ship and get them on the right track? Wouldn't be surprised if Lim goes back to doing Mendes bidding yet again and allows him to fill the team up with questionable players again.

Leo_Messi

Valencia has been sabotaging themselves in the past 10+ years. The reason why Atlético de Madrid were able to take their position. It is not more than 15-20 years ago that Valencia was actually a better and more successful (at least league wise) version of Atlético de Madrid. Reaching 2 consecutive CL finals in a row (2000 and 2001) while doing great in the same CL for years as well as winning the league twice and being runners-up a few times as well.

All due to years of financial neglect (the financial crisis also had a say, Spain was especially hit hard unfortunately) with the glaring exemplification of that being the unfinished Nou Mestalla that has been in the works for 13+ years and running.

It is a shame as a strong Valencia is great for Spanish football as a whole, not only domestically. Great fanbase, great city and great academy.

It has even reached the point where Sevilla is the more successful club in the last 10-15 years. If somebody had made such a claim 20 years ago, when Sevilla was playing in the Segunda División, people would consider said person to be insane. Just shows how quickly you can fall from your perch as a football club if you are not doing things in the right way.

Don't like Marcelino's football style but he has done a tremendous job at Valencia. Likewise Alemany.

Seems like Peter Lim and his associates have no clue how to run a football club. Valencia could do with much, much better owners. I have always been surprised that none of the billionaires out there that are interested in football will take the challenge of trying to resurrect Valencia to its old glory days and put up a challenge against Barça, RM, AM and the rest.

The good thing is that clubs like Valencia, Sevilla and even Betis have tremendous potential for growth. If serious and wealthy people took over those clubs, they could add tremendously to the league with Sevilla already doing great in the last 15 years and Valencia being a sleeping giant much like Real Betis who could be another Sevilla.

Last edited:

Aryagorn

Improvin' Perfection!!
Marcelino (ex-Valencia coach) “I'm sure that the trigger for me being sacked was the Copa del Rey final win. During the season we received direct messages and from other people that we had to reject the Copa. The fans wanted to fight for the Copa. The players too.”

wtf is he talking!?

El Gato

Villarato!
This is weird and it's not so simple actually. Lim is not necessarily a terrible guy here.

Basically Marcelino and Alemani disagree on squad management with Lim. Lim believes the club should rely on youngsters more and fears that the project resting on transfers and unreliable talents brought in mainly due to connections with certain agents is not a sustainable strategy. People in Valencia on the other hand accuse him of being out of touch and trying to budge into the club management matters while being holed up in Singapore. Marcelino and Alemani want to control the moves without having to consult the owner on matters other than finance.
Issue here being that Lim and his camp are worried for Mendes influence on the shape of the club. They don't seem to want the team to become an agent pet project with how many players have been through its gates. Then again, it's not as if Mendes players are some scrubs. But many of them are sort of busts...

It's difficult. I pity them. I understand Marcelino's argument that winning Copa does matter a whole lot to a team that hasn't won a trophy in over a decade. But I also get the argument that at the time the board would have preferred the team to focus on Champions League qualification.

Shame it came to exits and another episode of self-destruction.

Sultan

Nosce te ipsum
Is Parejo suspended for their next league game? He's been very productive for them.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans