User Tag List

Page 39 of 40 FirstFirst ... 2937383940 LastLast

Thread: Valencia

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bojan View Post
    Main difference is coach and, also very important, hungry players. Look at Napoli too. Or Dortmund. There's a sense of excitement around them. We need to find that spark again.
    Same spark is in Valencia, even ManCity or Monaco last season. If you have not won anything a long time or had disappointing season and everything matches with coach and players you get that extra spark. We had that as well with Peps first season and Luchos first season(second half of it). If we will find it this season, time will tell.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do any of you guys think Valencia could push for the title this season? I've got to admit I haven't seen many of their games this season, but obviously result-wise they've been excellent. I've also heard that they play attractive, fast football under Marcelino. Under normal circumstances they would probably fall short, but this season all the bigger teams are somewhat struggling, so the window is open for a surprise. Marcelino's coaching style is pretty demanding, so they could burn-out at some point, although not having any european responsibilities will help them in the league. Barca's visit to Mestalla in a couple of weeks time could already be very significant in the fight for the title.
    O le le, O la la, ser del Barça és el millor que hi ha!

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Statistically Valencia have the most effective attack, by far. With Zaza and Rodrigo scoring with every third shot or so (who would've thought these two would become consistent scorers lol). With good contributions from wide players as well.

Squad is decent. It depends to see if Maksi can relieve Kondogbia, if Soler can relieve Parejo etc. Biggest weakness IMO is right back where Montoya has been atrocious and Nacho is too inexperienced.

What will probably be a major issue is complacency, you'd see versus Leganes that the players weren't as focused as before and didn't run as much as before.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valencia were not that great vs Leganes yesterday. They were outplayed in first half and leave a lot of room for opposition to pass the ball.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They equalled 70-year old club record with 7 consecutive wins.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spa...c4b8b45b5.html

Didn't like Zaza's reaction after his substitution though. As good as he's been he could become a problem if he'll react like that every time Marcelino will take him off.

http://www.marca.com/en/football/spa...c378b45d1.html

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They'll start dropping points soon and will likely lose some players in january.

Rodrigo and Zaza are also both really poor players but theyre just happening to be in the form of their lives right now.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Do we want them to drop points at Espanyol tomorrow or not? I'd like them to win and keep up the fight. We aren't playing great and having big gap would get us complacent.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I am on the other hand starting to be annoyed by this Valencia run. They really put some pressure. I want to see Barça walk through this La Liga so it can be focused on CL playoffs.

But I can't see Valencia keep it up all season like this. They will drop it like Sevilla last season.
    Last edited by JerseyAddict; 20th November 2017 at 11:28 AM.

Lifestealer
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valencia doing real good right now. Match will be good, hoping for some huge performances from our stars.

New signing
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Barcaman View Post
    Do we want them to drop points at Espanyol tomorrow or not? I'd like them to win and keep up the fight. We aren't playing great and having big gap would get us complacent.
    This is exactly what i thought, we would end up just like Bayern in the recent seasons. Anyway, we will see soon enough if they are serious title contenders or not.

Where the water is warm, the drinks are cold... and I don't know the names of the players.
    Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    We wouldn't value La Liga if we ran away with it. Glad Valencia won against those Pericos anyway.

You're welcome
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Not that strong of a team. If Valverde paid attention just take out Parejo and it's done.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    8 wins in a row. Jeez. That will be one hell of a game next weekend.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jairzinho View Post
    8 wins in a row. Jeez. That will be one hell of a game next weekend.
    And finally Sunday 20:45 game. To sit down, grab a beer and relax with some great football. I CAN'T WAIT Ever more hyped than Wednesday Juve game.

Blog Entries
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by JerseyAddict View Post
    And finally Sunday 20:45 game. To sit down, grab a beer and relax with some great football. I CAN'T WAIT Ever more hyped than Wednesday Juve game.
    Same here Don't like the afternoon games and I also prefer Sundays for football.

Having same feeling as when Cuper's Valencia used to crush us with those counter attacking football through Killy Gonzalez and Claudio Lopez.