User Tag List

Page 3 of 39 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Thread: Valencia

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Top game by Valencia, happy to see them do well. The draw was a fair result, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfe View Post
    So I've heard Banega came to the training session late and hungover. Another waste of talent.
    Quite a talent too... but he's worse than Balotelli when it comes to off-field discipline

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Banega is awesome when motivated. Always dominates Barcelona. One of the few who knows how to rattle them.

Scandinavian 101
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    That performance

Why does Jonas even play anymore? He did well last season but he's been horrible lately. Guardado got beaten all the time, Parejo and Tino couldn't bring enough creativity in the middle, Canales actually did decently but he's no winger, Feghouli was one of the few people to create anything but he had no-one to pass after beating his player, Soldado had an off-day, Guaita did poorly in goal but was saved by some horrible finishing in the second half.

Atleast getting Valdez on changed the game a bit, but he couldn't finish the chances he got. And Tino Costa is always dangerous with his set pieces, shots and passes, probably Valencias best player of the night.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I stumbled across this picture. The formation and choice of some players is a bit strange but its besides the point I suppose.

I'd probably take out Morientes (he is retired after all) for Banega and maybe Albiol instead of Joaquin and play 4-4-2.

Prediction champion 2012-2013
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I think they look on course take the 4th spot as Sociedad is 1-1 with Sevilla at moment.
    ^..._.....^....._...^
    .___).══╬═.││││││.(
    ____/___║__││││││._\
    .___┐_____F.C.B____.┌
    ____▀▓▓▒▒▓▓▒▒▓▓▀
    _____▓▓▒▒(@)▒▒▓▓
    ______.▀▒▒▓▓▒▒▀

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    And Sociedad are up against Real Madrid next. They'll be a lot more motivated than Madrid though, since they have a CL spot to fight for.

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Took the top 4 spot over Sociedad

Hard to see them giving it up on the final match day
    "Dani Jarque, siempre con nosotros"
    -Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DonAndres View Post
    Took the top 4 spot over Sociedad

Hard to see them giving it up on the final match day

I would prefer Valencia making CL. Though Sevilla away is hard.

I am Leg End
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Valencia will probably do better in CL than Sociedad but I like Sociedad and would have been very pleased to see them in the CL and using the money from that competition to build their squad further.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    They need a new stadium. I was in San Sebastian last summer and it is a lovely city so I have a soft spot for them, but they will struggle to juggle two big comps.

Osasuna, Betis, Villarreal etc all fallen away after top 4 success....

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In recent years Valencia seem to be Arsenal-esque in just taking the CL spot but not doing anything with it or progressing as a club. I wanted Soociedad to take it because theres a chance they take their rise more seriously and would try harder to compete.

Although I'm grateful that finally Atletico have it this year and if they keep Simeone and make the right transfers they'll be strong in the tournament.
    -Andres Iniesta

Banned

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    In recent years Valencia seem to be Arsenal-esque in just taking the CL spot but not doing anything with it or progressing as a club. I wanted Soociedad to take it because theres a chance they take their rise more seriously and would try harder to compete.

Although I'm grateful that finally Atletico have it this year and if they keep Simeone and make the right transfers they'll be strong in the tournament.
    Valencia have an away game against Sevilla, while Sociedad have Deportivo, not to mention they're only 2 points behind, so Sociedad can still take the CL spot.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

No way Real Sociedad are going to build on anything. If the are in CL next year they will probably get relegated or something.

Wild Man of Borneo
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Andrew M View Post
    No way Real Sociedad are going to build on anything. If the are in CL next year they will probably get relegated or something.
    I'll be honest and say that they likely wouldn't anymore since Montanier is leaving. Even then they have a good club and CL revenues would make them at least incrementally rise up with increased funds.

Although I have yet to see Valencia fight for trophies with much ambition. We'll see if Valverde changes that next year. Even if they don't win anything, it'd be a good sign if they showed any ambition or passion to do so.
    -Andres Iniesta

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'll be honest and say that they likely wouldn't anymore since Montanier is leaving. Even then they have a good club and CL revenues would make them at least incrementally rise up with increased funds.

Although I have yet to see Valencia fight for trophies with much ambition. We'll see if Valverde changes that next year. Even if they don't win anything, it'd be a good sign if they showed any ambition or passion to do so.
    But if you look a the recent past when other small/mid clubs make the top 4 in Spain they always suffer in the long term. Both Betis and Villarreal have since been relegated. Osasuna suffered after Aguirre left to Atletico.

Re Valencia: I suppose it is hard to ambition when you have 300 mill of debt to pay off. They need that 4th spot or it is goodbye to Soldado, Banega etc..