Valencia

Darko

The worst game I have ever seen Valencia play against Barcelona.
Absolutely awful, once againg goes to show how much coaches matter in football.

El Flaco

And he shouldn't imo. He's been poor, I know, but he deserves more time. Betis away, Espanyol home and Granada away are next in La Liga and Valencia can turn it around there.

Mate, Neville already had too much time when he was appointed as manager for them.

I mean, Valencia lost even against a relegation fodder like Sporting Gijón without Halilovic at Mestalla.

They've yet to take a victory and playing way below under their standars.

There's absolute no sign Neville well be able to turn this around.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Club legend & Captain Santiago Cañizares

Cañizares after Neville’s initial appointment:

“In Valencia, we know almost nothing about Gary Neville, he’s an unknown. Being a good analyst is not the same as being a good coach. Valencia is not a team for experiments, it’s not a place for a coach to get his apprenticeship.

The main difficulty he’ll have is the language and getting to grips with Spanish football. Moyes didn’t adapt to Spanish football, he didn’t learn the language, didn’t connect with the Sociedad players and couldn’t transmit his philosophy. He was a disaster.

What Neville needs to do urgently is connect with the Spanish league and learn the language quickly. Look at Pep Guardiola. He didn’t know German when he signed for Bayern but in his first press conference he was speaking German. That’s the way to go.

What is he like as a coach? No-one knows because he has no experience. It is one thing to give your opinion and another to get things working on the pitch.”

Cañizares after last night:

“VCF’s defeat today is the worst I’ve known since I can remember. I’m waiting for the resignation of the coach, as well as an apology. I may be ignorant but I’m surprised he hasn’t done it, I thought he was honest.

If Garcia Pitarch (Sporting Director, hired for Gary incidentally) believes in Gary as he said on Monday, I’m disappointed. If he lied to us, and tomorrow Pitarch suggests the dismissal of the coach and it’s not accepted, it’s better for him to leave, too.

Worse than a defeat is the fleeing of the battle. That should give us a clue as to what these players can do if this becomes really difficult. Mustafi showed his face, and I think all Valencianistas appreciate that. Today before the media and always on the pitch.

I just want what happened this year to help us distinguish the honest from the dishonest. If we do that, we move forward...

Finally, this is a test of our valencianismo. To demand decisions is responsible, to desert is not. Amunt!"

I'd add however that none of the Captains for Valencia were available after the match and the only representative from the team was Cheryshev who was only recently acquired on loan. Considering his circumstances and the ovation he got, not comfortable for him or the club

raskolnikov

Its not just Nevile though, Valencia need to rid itself of Mendes and Lim. I like them and hope they will rise back eventually, same with Depor for example.
Neville should be sacked thouh, crawl back to sky.
Look at this hilarious quote:

You see teams go to the Nou Camp and get beat 5, 6, 7-0. Barca are a good side, well they're a great side. but if I was involved with a team who got beat 7-0 there I wouldn't be able to look my family in the eyes anymore"

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Yeah, that quote has been circulating on twitter since after the match ended. Not nearly as bad as the 'Kill me if I joing Chelsea' from Cesc but goes to show how even a level headed lad like Neville is guilty of underrating the Primera Liga much less Barcelona.

El Flaco

“VCF’s defeat today is the worst I’ve known since I can remember. I’m waiting for the resignation of the coach, as well as an apology. I may be ignorant but I’m surprised he hasn’t done it, I thought he was honest.

He even said Valencia's loss yesterday can’t be compared to Karlsruhe [7-0 in 1993] or Salamanca [4-0 in 1995].

El Flaco

[youtube]/watch?v=bNnuYothQtY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Around 200 Valencianistas were waiting for their team when the players returned last night.

Almost everyone were booed and insulted (translations anyone?) as they left the training ground in their cars.

Only Gaya, Mustafi and Jaume got applause from the Valencianistas

Last edited:
F

Flavia

[youtube]/watch?v=bNnuYothQtY&feature=youtu.be[/youtube]

Around 200 Valencianistas were waiting for their team when the players arrived home last night.

Almost everyone were booed and insulted (translations anyone?) as they left the training ground in their cars.

Only Gaya, Mustafi and Jaume got applause from the Valencianistas

The chants were "mercenary players", "this shirt, you don't deserve it", "gary, vete ya(gary, go away now)", "Parejo, scoundrel, out of mestalla". There were a lot of the usual "sob" too.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
And they still have to face Athletic, Atletico, Malaga, Real Madrid, Barcelona, Sevilla ..... lol ... they are in a deep shit!

Home of Barca Fans