Valencia

Morten

Nice to see Valencia realized they need their Argentine colony back in order to revive their old glory. The only missing part is a cloned Claudio Lopez upfront to torture the opponents with his speed and his wicked left foot. What a spirit shown by the team tonight. And what an atmosphere! If they continue their progress like this La Liga will soon have a four horse race for the title.

It was a bitter loss, and i felt we deserved a better result, but it wasnt our day and Valencia did very well. Nothing against the club, hope they continue to do well.

Eyeopener

Have to watch out for these guys. They play the best football, besides us, in the league for the last 2/3 months. They have an young, talented and a energetic team who play a fast paced game with a superb organisation from the back. Especially Otamendi is a real gem, by far the best defender in the league this season.

Their coach, Nuno, knows what he's doing and their believe is starting to grow with each week. They don't have any European footy to worry about and still have to play Real Madrid and us, and i can see them getting results in both Camp Nou and Bernabeu. That's their last 2 hard away games remaining, while Barca have to visis Sevilla, Atletico and Celta to name a few. Real also has to visis Sevilla and Celta.

With a draw tomorrow, Valencia can make a real case of making a title push. But with their young team, the youngest in Spain and of the big 5 league's, i'm especially worried about them for next season's title race (once they're finally fully clicked as a team and more importantly when they have gained more experience) and for the long haul after. With their investor Peter Lim and his big buddy super-agent Jorge Mendes, i can't see Valencia playing around in the summer. They will mean business and they will do business on the markt. Sporting's midfielder William Carvalho is reportedly a done deal for Peter Lim and he's also very keen to bring one of Jackson Martinez/Falcao to Valencia. And earlier this week Peter Lim himself and Amadeo Salvo, Valencia's president, where seen in Manchester for negotiating a Juan Mata deal.

Imagine lining up the likes of Jackson Martinez, William Carvalho, Juan Mata with Otamendi, Mustafi, Gaya, Andrea Gomes, Feghouli, Paco Alcacer etc, that's one bloody hell of a scaring team. I'm really looking forward for what these guys can bring in the upcoming 2 monts of La Liga and more so what kind of firepower they will bring in the transfermarket upcoming summer.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Nice first post Liven! I am not too impressed with prospect of Mata returning to Spain but let's see what happens.

Vlom

Previously known as Mehssi
How long is Otamendi's suspension for the red card he had against Bilbao (I think?)?

He got only one game (Levante), they didn't appeal to avoid risking him being suspended against Barça, so he'll be there unfortunately.

Home of Barca Fans