Sevilla

Antimilan

Iborra is a DM by trade (since Levante days), but he mainly played as AM and CF (second striker) in Emery's system. In Sampaoli's one... he doesn't fit anywhere, so a DM of Medel profile who can also be used as CB when needed, will be welcomed by Sampaoli in Sevilla soon.

Messi983

What about Rodrigo Caio? He can also play as CB and DM. From what I've read he's in Italy (or on his way there) to get his Italian passport so he can then join Sevilla.

Also, I'm looking at TM and just saw that Sevilla already have 4 non-EU players (Kiyotake, Ganso, Mariano and Mercado). I guess Mercado probably has Italian citizenship as other Argentinians in your team?

Antimilan

What about Rodrigo Caio? He can also play as CB and DM. From what I've read he's in Italy (or on his way there) to get his Italian passport so he can then join Sevilla.

Also, I'm looking at TM and just saw that Sevilla already have 4 non-EU players (Kiyotake, Ganso, Mariano and Mercado). I guess Mercado probably has Italian citizenship as other Argentinians in your team?

Mercado's wife is Spanish, so he's not considered a non-EU player technically.

Caio will get the Italian passport soon, but I'm not sure if the only reason is joining Sevilla... an EU passport is very beneficial for everything, not only football matters. However, he has been linked for a long time with us, said that Sampaoli is a great coach and would like to work with him... so let's see what happens. He could be a decent addition, but if I'd be asked, I'd take Medel over Caio or anyone else in the current market without thinking twice. The reason would be simple, Medel is the pitbull that Sevilla needs now more than ever, especially with this system. He and Sampaoli know each other very well, and Medel also is familiar with Seville, the atmosphere, city etc. so adapting here would not take longer than a week... compared to Caio's first time here if he comes, or anyone else.

We are also rumored to sell N'Zonzi... so with him and Iborra leaving, there will be place for 2 extra DM's. If both Caio and Medel will join Sevilla then I can safely say here that we're in for a spectacular season with a lot of success.

Messi983

Tnx, didn't know that about Mercado's wife or that this rule even exists.

Yeah, Medel would be great if you can get him. But last I've read is that Inter has no intention to sell unless you overpay but I doubt Monchi would do that.

Also, Caio did already get his Italian passport according to Paulo Freitas...

[gfy][/gfy][tw]768950405602668545[/tw]

Antimilan

Tnx, didn't know that about Mercado's wife or that this rule even exists.

Yeah, Medel would be great if you can get him. But last I've read is that Inter has no intention to sell unless you overpay but I doubt Monchi would do that.

Also, Caio did already get his Italian passport according to Paulo Freitas...

[gfy][/gfy][tw]768950405602668545[/tw]

We've reportedly made an offer of 8 million euros for Medel... Inter want at least 12m... the transfer deadline is near, exciting days ahead!

amircule

They have lost a lot of players...Krychowiyak , Konolpyanka, Banega, coke...
Yes, they have signed new players but a lot of changes have been made to their team since emery's departure. Still one of the liga sides to watch, no doubt.
Btw, is beto still with them? They signed Sirigu IIRC.

Last edited:

Yannik

I dont think Sevilla really got worse. Vazquez, J. Correa, Ben Yedder, Kiyotake, Ganso, Sarabia, Mercado. Plus Sirigu, Vietto and Kranevitter on loan. Those are some damn nice additions to the squad, especially the offense.

Last edited:

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
The one and only master of the know-it-all Guillem Balague is "reporting" Nasri to Sevilla on a season long loan.

JPM85

I don't get it, why trade in Konoplyanka for Nasri.
Nasri is the kind of player that belongs somewhere in a dark corner of soccer together with Balotelli, high potential but too stupid to live like a professional soccer player.

Antimilan

I don't get it, why trade in Konoplyanka for Nasri.
Nasri is the kind of player that belongs somewhere in a dark corner of soccer together with Balotelli, high potential but too stupid to live like a professional soccer player.

Kono just didn't cut it at Sevilla. Perhaps it wasn't his team or environment... but he is very selfish and that is not quite welcomed in football. Emery dislikes selfish players like Deulo and Kono, but from the two, I'd rate Kono better as he is more skilled and can perform decently when in good mood.

As for Nasri, it is true that since his golden years at Arsenal, the guy has struggled to find his feet in football. However, I see this move as his last chance to revamp his career and continue for another good 3-4 years. Skills-wise, he is countless miles ahead of Kono.

I don't think his attitude and personality will impact our dressing room much. That is because he can always risk bench with that... Sevilla's management is not dumb in that regard, and they don't give a crap about players acting like stars. He could have the same fate like Deulo and Aspas... benched all season and there goes your career. Even the other players do not like arrogant colleagues and moody ones like Nasri. If Nasri wants a recovery, he needs to change and this is his last opportunity to do so. If not, then it's bye-bye career.

Last edited:

Messi983

Btw, is beto still with them? They signed Sirigu IIRC.

Beto returned to his boyhood club Sporting CP after he was demoted to 3rd choice GK after Rico and Soria last season.

Yes, they've signed Sirigu on loan from PSG because Soria is currently injured and they needed backup to Rico.

Home of Barca Fans