Sevilla

LeeRomeno

Been rooting them in Europa league for seasons already, really great to see them doing so well in la Liga, considering they also have to always sell their best players after season end. What a signing Jovetic has proven to be though.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Even if we don't get Sampaoli, I hope he and Sevilla continue to get better as it would be great for the league to have another strong team making a big push for the title.

With Barça obviously winning it in the end :p

vlad

i honestly would not take sampaoli from sevilla, not after only one season, i know money talks in todays football but la liga needs strong competition, we had few years ago only real and barca, now here is atletico and sevilla, i hope valencia will make it also, maybe take sampaoli after few more seasons at sevilla.

El Flaco

During Monday this week, Monchi was invited as a guest in the program "beIN El Club", which was broadcasted by Bein Sports España.

The whole program is two and half hour long btw.

Found some few translated quotes from Monchi.

"The principal virtue of English football, is its major problem. Economic solvency. They have so much money, they don't study."

We are not pioneers of scouting. When I started I followed the model of Lyon and Porto. They were my references. English teams have good scouts, but they don't take the decisions. The directors take the decisions, and they don't inform themselves. You have to have good scouts and a good network. The key is to have a good coordination with the coach. If the sports director doesn't know how to read the profile of the player the coach is asking for, the player may be very good, but he won't succeed.

It's my fault some players have failed in Sevilla. I didn't coordinate well with the coach. This summer has been complicated. We went from Emery to Sampaoli. The profile of the signings completely changed. The virtue of a good coach is to adapt to what you have, and your resources. Sampaoli adapts to all the opponents.

French footballers have great physical conditions and very smart tactically. And they're cheap.French footballers have great physical conditions and very smart tactically. And they're cheap.

I'd love to have Marcos Llorente in Sevilla. I wouldn't complain if they gave me Theo Hernández also. They're two gems.

When N'Zonzi arrived Sampaoli told me that he was going to be his number 5, he didn't want someone like Krychowiak, he wanted a player skilled with the ball. N'Zonzi was a rebel in Stoke, the only one who played football. That's why we signed him, and now he has improved at everything. He's like Kanouté, his physique is deceiving.

I knew we had to bring Sampaoli. Maybe we are at the bottom of the table in the 6th week, but if we endure we're going to give a surprise. If the league goes to 90 points we have nothing to do; but I don't see a 90 points league because FCB and Madrid haven't been at their best in the first half.

Nasri, Banega, Jovetic... they came from failures and lack of love, problems, injuries, falls... here they find love. When we won vs Madrid my only concern was that Jovetic could see his mother after match. When I spoke with Demischelis to sign Nasri I didn't ask him how Nasri was, I asked him what he needed.

We had Roque Mesa. Last year he was the player with more recoveries and less turnovers. He's very good, a top player. He plays at the Calderón and he bosses the midfield. He's very good and Las Palmas knows it.

For me, the best team of this first half of La Liga has been Real Sociedad.

Alavés is the team that has signed more wisely, they have signed exactly what their manager needed, they've done an amazing job. I'd love to hace Marcos Llorente at Sevilla and I wouldn't complain if they also gave me Theo Hernández. They are two jewels. Marcos Llorente has tactical prowess, "football", physical presence and he makes his team mates better. I'd love to have him on my team.

What happened with Iago Aspas is that he was coming from a very bad year and he had Gamerio and Bacca in front of him. He needed matches, continuity, and he didn't have it. We wanted to sign him when Liverpool got him. At Vigo he has found his place, he feels like the best and he is the best.

ThwiX

Best midfielder around
Don't want to speculate too much, but could Sampaoli already have his mind set on Barca?

Messi983

I'm starting to have doubts if we should really go after Sampaoli. Obviously I still like his personality but don't like the way they've been playing lately. It's probably only a drop in form that happen to every team every season but we'll see if Sampaoli can lift his team for important games against Leicester and Atletico next week. If they won't get past Leicester that would be another worrysome factor for me and if they lose at Calderon then they'll have only 2 points advantage over Atletico and possibly 3 over Sociedad (if they win their derby today and away game at Alaves next week) so Sevilla's CL spot could be in danger.

vlad

I'm starting to have doubts if we should really go after Sampaoli. Obviously I still like his personality but don't like the way they've been playing lately. It's probably only a drop in form that happen to every team every season but we'll see if Sampaoli can lift his team for important games against Leicester and Atletico next week. If they won't get past Leicester that would be another worrysome factor for me and if they lose at Calderon then they'll have only 2 points advantage over Atletico and possibly 3 over Sociedad (if they win their derby today and away game at Alaves next week) so Sevilla's CL spot could be in danger.

He does not have squad for competing on three fronts, La liga, Cl and Cdr, its not worrysome, it was expected

Home of Barca Fans