Sevilla

Antimilan

Everton are trying to sign unai emery and offering him a warchest of 150 million Euros according to telegraph

AC Milan tried to do kind of the same for 2 seasons now. However, fortunately, Emery is not dumb (like Bacca for instance). Hopefully his state of mind won't change this summer. The world of football needs sane people!

khaled_a_d

Amazing team and massive respect for them tbh,

AC Milan tried to do kind of the same for 2 seasons now. However, fortunately, Emery is not dumb (like Bacca for instance). Hopefully his state of mind won't change this summer. The world of football needs sane people!
Yup,I think this club would be awful to him.I hope he can stay patient. A bigger more stable club will come knocking

barcanuck

UEFA Supercup thriller against them 5-4 in extra time
Copa Del Rey nail bitter, 2-0 in extra time.

The two league games:

Sevilla 2 - Barca 1
Barca 2 - Sevilla 1

We are almost dead even with these guys which is crazy.

We'll do it all again in the Spanish Supercup in August. Only trophy Lucho hasn't claimed yet.

Messi983

With all respect to Milan's history they are only big club on paper right now. It's hard for them to get any top coach or player. We also can't really compare their current team and financial power to Everton's. So I think it's more likely for Emery to leave for EPL than Milan. But yes, I think he should stay for at least another season in Sevilla and try to also do something more in CL.

khaled_a_d

With all respect to Milan's history they are only big club on paper right now. It's hard for them to get any top coach or player. We also can't really compare their current team and financial power to Everton's. So I think it's more likely for Emery to leave for EPL than Milan. But yes, I think he should stay for at least another season in Sevilla and try to also do something more in CL.

1-Milan is still wealthier than Everton IIRC .I think they have only beaten by Juve in terms of revenue in last year and was probably their only year out of top 10.Yes PL clubs are getting richer but people are getting overboard there.The elite European clubs is still making more than the mid table PL clubs like Everton.Specially since they aren't London or Manchester based club which hurts their revenue from stadium
2-Milan is still Milan,As a team they will still be able to attract players and coaches more than Everton under normal circumstances.But last season when they were basically firing coaches with illogical way they are pushing good coaches away.With new Owner if they want Unai they can easily beat Everton for him.He knows it is a club with gr8 ambition and can actually make them contenders with a new good board.With Everton they aren't even a top 6 club in PL who thinks they should compete for CL spot.

Messi983

Maybe they have bigger revenues but they are not willing to invest and/or over the last almost decade they weren't able to really attract top players. And they sell those they had like Kaka, Ibra and Thiago Silva.

We'll see if they get new owner and how much he'll be willing to invest but until then I see a midtable club like Everton in competitive EPL as far more attractive option to players and coaches as midtable Serie A club like Milan. It's sad given their history but that's just a reality right now. I've never liked ACM but I actually feel sorry for their fans. Things can change of course but I just don't see it happen soon.

Also, it seems like Pellegrini will be new Everton coach so all those rumours about Emery doesn't really matter right now.

Messi983

Where did you get this from? I don't think he'd really want to go to RM as he wants to have complete control over transfers and Perez wouldn't let him do that. There are strong rumours that Monchi has just fallen out with Sevilla's board because they didn't match his ambitions to make stronger squad to compete in CL. He wanted a record club transfer (probably pay close to 20M release clause for Lucas Perez) and he was also close to a deal for Dennis Praet (also probably around 10-15M) and they didn't wanted to give him money for that kind of deals, so he decided to leave. Most fans are on Monchi's side though so I think it's still possible that their board will change their mind and try to get him back but it's questionable whether their releationship is still good enough so they can work together in the future.

I also think rumours about Man United big offer for him are true (though I have hard time imagine him working well with Mourinho) and maybe even Everton is interested with him as they were also rumoured to be heavily going after Emery over the last few weeks.

Also, I have a question for [MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION] and other Sevilla fans here. Last night when that Monchi news broke out I had too much time and read some Sevilla forums to see what their fans reactions about him leaving were. I found an interesting post about Monchi being a traitor who should never be allowed to return to Pizjuan again if he leaves and he also mentioned Juande Ramos, Sergio Ramos and Rakitic together on his list. Is he an exception or are Sevilla fans in general really thinking about Rakitic as a traitor?

Antimilan

Where did you get this from? I don't think he'd really want to go to RM as he wants to have complete control over transfers and Perez wouldn't let him do that. There are strong rumours that Monchi has just fallen out with Sevilla's board because they didn't match his ambitions to make stronger squad to compete in CL. He wanted a record club transfer (probably pay close to 20M release clause for Lucas Perez) and he was also close to a deal for Dennis Praet (also probably around 10-15M) and they didn't wanted to give him money for that kind of deals, so he decided to leave. Most fans are on Monchi's side though so I think it's still possible that their board will change their mind and try to get him back but it's questionable whether their releationship is still good enough so they can work together in the future.

I also think rumours about Man United big offer for him are true (though I have hard time imagine him working well with Mourinho) and maybe even Everton is interested with him as they were also rumoured to be heavily going after Emery over the last few weeks.

Also, I have a question for [MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION] and other Sevilla fans here. Last night when that Monchi news broke out I had too much time and read some Sevilla forums to see what their fans reactions about him leaving were. I found an interesting post about Monchi being a traitor who should never be allowed to return to Pizjuan again if he leaves and he also mentioned Juande Ramos, Sergio Ramos and Rakitic together on his list. Is he an exception or are Sevilla fans in general really thinking about Rakitic as a traitor?

Regarding Monchi, it's still too early to take a side since one never knows what will happen till the end of the summer transfer window, and the window hasn't even started yet. Even if Monchi leaves, it is well known why he would eventually do that (the things you are mentioning... issues with the board etc.)

Every Sevillista dreams of a stronger Sevilla, or a Sevilla that always makes steps forward. By selling 3-4 key players each year and experimenting with different replacements that sometimes blow up and sometimes suck badly... is not something that a serious team does. If a team wants to be consistently in the top 4 in the league and aim for more than 1/8ths of the final in the CL, it has to become a serious team, and that isn't done in the way that Sevilla was ran in the last years, with the board's decisions being the culprit for all of this.

Anyway, regarding the traitor thing... it's a personal opinion. The majority of Sevillistas (including me), do not treat players as traitors if they leave the club in a normal way, like most of the transfers happen. There was the weird case of Fazio where he even went to pay a percentage of the release clause himself just so he can go to Tottenham... he then came back and sucked badly, and he never had the warm welcoming at RSP, as many considered him a traitor. That was a special case as he left Sevilla in the final day of the transfer window, without much to do to replace him, and he was in top form back then (also the team's captain).

Another case of someone to be called a traitor would be if they join Betis (which as long as I remember never happened). That would be an inexcusable act, which carries a burden of guilt in itself.

As for the other players, including Rakitic, everything was normal and they possess huge respect within Sevillistas. Furthermore, the case of Dani Alves was quite interesting, where he was about to leave for Chelsea after the 2006-07 season, but in honor of the deceased Antonio Puerta and for the sake of the fans, he played for another year before going to Barca. How can you not respect someone like him? I guess that "fan" that you're referring to would also think of Alves as a traitor... wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

xXKonan

Sevilla's Board Rejected his request to leave. and the only way he could leave is if someone pay's out his 5 Million euro clause. and according to Monchi he has accepted it and will continue his work at Sevilla and be Professional about it.

Messi983

Regarding Monchi, it's still too early to take a side since one never knows what will happen till the end of the summer transfer window, and the window hasn't even started yet. Even if Monchi leaves, it is well known why he would eventually do that (the things you are mentioning... issues with the board etc.)

Every Sevillista dreams of a stronger Sevilla, or a Sevilla that always makes steps forward. By selling 3-4 key players each year and experimenting with different replacements that sometimes blow up and sometimes suck badly... is not something that a serious team does. If a team wants to be consistently in the top 4 in the league and aim for more than 1/8ths of the final in the CL, it has to become a serious team, and that isn't done in the way that Sevilla was ran in the last years, with the board's decisions being the culprit for all of this.

Anyway, regarding the traitor thing... it's a personal opinion. The majority of Sevillistas (including me), do not treat players as traitors if they leave the club in a normal way, like most of the transfers happen. There was the weird case of Fazio where he even went to pay a percentage of the release clause himself just so he can go to Tottenham... he then came back and sucked badly, and he never had the warm welcoming at RSP, as many considered him a traitor. That was a special case as he left Sevilla in the final day of the transfer window, without much to do to replace him, and he was in top form back then (also the team's captain).

Another case of someone to be called a traitor would be if they join Betis (which as long as I remember never happened). That would be an inexcusable act, which carries a burden of guilt in itself.

As for the other players, including Rakitic, everything was normal and they possess huge respect within Sevillistas. Furthermore, the case of Dani Alves was quite interesting, where he was about to leave for Chelsea after the 2006-07 season, but in honor of the deceased Antonio Puerta and for the sake of the fans, he played for another year before going to Barca. How can you not respect someone like him? I guess that "fan" that you're referring to would also think of Alves as a traitor... wouldn't be surprised if that's true.

Tnx for answer.

Yes, I'd totally understand calling someone a traitor if he'd go to Betis. I also know about Fazio and why some fans didn't totally support him when he returned.

I can also understand that fan would feel that about the way Juande Ramos was leaving after saying he'd stay but that was 10 years ago and it's probably time for let some things go. But I really didn't get that comment about Rakitic. He has given his all during his time in Sevilla and I think he has left on a good note and for good fee. He still loves the city and his wife's parents still live there if I'm not mistaken. Sevilla is a selling club and they couldn't keep him forever (like many other star players) but fans are used to that. That fan probably has his reasons to feel the way he feels about Rakitic and I won't judge him, but I'm happy to see he's probably in minority.

Anyway, it's great see that Monchi will stay and I hope he'll get the money he wants/needs to make even better team which you all deserve.

Home of Barca Fans