Sevilla

Antimilan

Who was your prefered choice?

Tuchel would've been ideal. However, he didn't want a mid-season project, rather starting from the scratch in the summer. So for that, it would've been way better to sign Javi Gracia and test him until the end of the season, rather than invest in someone like Montella and have it harder to sack him even if he fails because of the contract.

dakt

Brozo is coming to Sevilla. Should suit him much better than Inter. I have high hopes for him.

Messi983

Quite interesting last few days for Sevilla. They've signed Miguel Layun (Porto; they stole him away from Betis who was also interested), Sandro (Everton) and Roque Mesa (Swansea) on loans until summer. As [MENTION=16775]dakt[/MENTION] mentioned they are also expected to close a loan deal for Brozović today.

Krohn Dehli has left for Deportivo while Guido Pizarro and Ganso will most likely also leave and Carole's loan will be canceled.

Givenchy

will probably get spanked by Bayern now but if they take Muriel off and play Ben Yedder they are a threat

Antimilan

will probably get spanked by Bayern now but if they take Muriel off and play Ben Yedder they are a threat

You clearly do not understand any concept of this beautiful sport. Muriel and WBY are totally different profiles - Muriel does the dirty work, sprints 24-7, out-muscles defenders, has the pace for counters etc. while WBY is a better finisher but lacks all the other components to make him a starter. Just because he scored two vs. a Man Utd (who were not a threat at all) doesn't mean he should start. When you judge a team or their situation, at least try to watch more than 1 highlight video of theirs (logically at least 15 matches of their season with a certain coach).

Last edited:

Antimilan

Garbage team.

I wouldn't go as far as garbage, though at times they show glimpses of that. But definitely a non-serious team that cannot hold a 2-0 lead until the end and definitely a team that does not deserve CL football next season (unless they win it).

Last edited:

Antimilan

My thoughts exactly every time they bend over at the Bernabau. Which is almost every season.

Sevilla is all about motivation - if they're motivated and hyped enough, they can beat literally anyone, and not only beat them, but also outclass them (like Barca last night). The thing is, RM is still RM even with the second team, while Barca looks like Bilbao without Messi unfortunately. It could be a mentality thing... having an undisputed leader that makes the difference every single time since 2004-2005 will have a serious negative impact when there is no one to do that one day.

I will have mixed emotions the day that Messi retires - a part of me will be sad because I will probably not evoke this kind of player in my lifetime + it's a huge loss for modern football. On the other hand, a part of me would be happy because there will probably never ever be someone to almost always equalize or make a comeback in the late moments of the match like Messi does vs. Sevilla. It's like he's made to score against us and I despise that!

Last edited:

Joan

You clearly do not understand any concept of this beautiful sport. Muriel and WBY are totally different profiles - Muriel does the dirty work, sprints 24-7, out-muscles defenders, has the pace for counters etc. while WBY is a better finisher but lacks all the other components to make him a starter. Just because he scored two vs. a Man Utd that was not a threat at all doesn't mean he should start. When you judge a team or a situation, at least try to watch more than 1 highlight video of theirs (logically at least 15 matches of their season with a certain coach).

You haven't played 15 matches under Montella yet. Have you? :thinking:

Anyways, it's true Muriel offers some qualities but he's too selfish for me to be an undisputable starter. WBY should get his chances more often. I'd say this is Montella, who had coached Muriel before, playing it safer.
That said, WBY has wasted too many chances this season, too. :lol:
But for me, he's a better player. This Sevilla side will create a lot and there won't be anyone able to finish it. Won't work vs. better teams.

Would even consider playing both of them at the same time, but it's also true that Sarabia does offer some things, cover for some 'dirty work'. Would be better if he stopped competing with Banega.

Really looking forward to the match. What's up with Jesus? Will he be ready to play? What lineup do you expect?

Antimilan

You haven't played 15 matches under Montella yet. Have you? :thinking:

Anyways, it's true Muriel offers some qualities but he's too selfish for me to be an undisputable starter. WBY should get his chances more often. I'd say this is Montella, who had coached Muriel before, playing it safer.
That said, WBY has wasted too many chances this season, too. :lol:
But for me, he's a better player. This Sevilla side will create a lot and there won't be anyone able to finish it. Won't work vs. better teams.

Would even consider playing both of them at the same time, but it's also true that Sarabia does offer some things, cover for some 'dirty work'. Would be better if he stopped competing with Banega.

Really looking forward to the match. What's up with Jesus? Will he be ready to play? What lineup do you expect?

That's the main reason I'm still not judging Montella. Last night was a totally different tactic for instance, pure counters, I counted like 10 at least. I hope that we continue in that style especially vs. bigger teams as I've definitely missed the counters of the Emery era. They were way more dangerous and efficient though (Vitolo, Vidal, Bacca... ahh, the good ol' days!)

WBY is not a starter material mainly because he lacks pace. He had a lot of chances under Berizzo in the first part of the season, and failed to impress. He scored a bunch of goals and a couple of them were important (like the ones vs. Liverpool), but otherwise he didn't offer anything else to the play. Meanwhile Muriel got somehow reinvented with Montella and now he's a beast with Colombia NT also.

Not sure if Jesus will play as he's had some ankle discomfort vs. Barca and just came out of injury (first match after a month or so), but I really hope he plays because Mercado simply sucks at RB.

I'd expect something like this vs. Bayern (Banega misses the first leg due to yellows):

Rico

Navas - Mercado - Lenglet - Escudero

N'Zonzi - Pizarro

Sarabia - Mudo - Correa

Muriel

Antimilan

[tw]990251458040823811[/tw]
[MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION]

Deserved. A piss poor manager similar to Gary Neville. Caparros will take charge for the rest of the matches in the league, and then he'll be switched to a different position within the club (not sure if it'll be the sports director role). So Sevilla will have a new coach for the 2018-19 season come June.

Home of Barca Fans