Sevilla

El Flaco

From a Sevilla fan on Reddit

All the people here saying this is a dick move... Honestly, have you seen us play lately? The first half was always completely bad and the second half often times as well. We are very lucky to still be in the CL and be 5th in LaLiga. In my opinion we were playing really really bad all season long and got our wins and draws more out of luck than skill. And sad as it is, something had to be done. I don´t know if it was Berizzos fault but I hope things will get better now.

Antimilan

It is sad to see Berizzo get sacked, as he is a great person as he has shown so far, also very respectful.

However, this an important decision and definitely has nothing to do with Berizzo as a person, rather as a professional manager. The cold hard truth is, his system simply didn't work with Sevilla, and for the ones that don't remember, a fact check, this is the MOST EXPENSIVE Sevilla in the history of the club, meaning the most expensive transfers have been done this season. Still, there was no identity in the play, lack of fight, defense was pathetic, and humiliations such as 5-1 to Spartak, 4-0 to Valencia and 5-0 to RM are not swallowed well these days in a club like Sevilla.

Hopefully the club will find a decent replacement and restart the second half of the season in the right foot.

utility73

Also think it is a good decision.

It was not like Sevilla was getting somewhere with Berrizzo but just having a bad run. Actually it was just the other way around.

michelco

Tough decision but the right one. Some people say that coaches need to be given time but I disagree, a good coach (with a squad suitable to his desired style) should be able to get the team going from day 1. Just look at Marcelino at Valencia

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I like Montella, but his Milan tenure turned ut quite dull.

If he can get them to play like he did Fiorentina it could be good, but right now that's a big if.

Trickykid

He has looked completely clueless in Milan - especially so in the face of adversity. I can't possibly fathom what Sevilla would want with a guy like him who, to boot, has zero La Liga experience.

xXKonan

Seems like after Sevilla lost Monchi, they have become lost in what direction they want to go in.

I just can't see this one work out.

Antimilan

Terrible coach that failed by recently managing a pathetically terrible team.

Hoping to be proved wrong but this seems like just another Valencia-Prandelli scenario.

Home of Barca Fans