Sevilla

El Flaco

[tw]846393768425107456[/tw]

"Monchi's in London, discussing the terms of his contract with Pallotta and the rest of AS Roma management"

Messi983

Don't think he was ever really interested in joining RM. A huge blow for Sevilla though. Hopefully they can still remain competitive.

Oscar Arias, Monchi's right hand since 2013 will probably take over as Sevilla's new SD. We'll see if he has learned something from him.

El Flaco

Comments from Sevilla president Pepe Castro

We've done the possible and the impossible for Monchi to remain with us. We made an offer to him that was beyond our limits. But in the end, we've had to consider the man before the professional. He had made it very clear that he wanted to leave. Our doors will always be open to him.

Monchi will not have to pay a clause because, through the work he has done and the revenue he has generated for the club, he has earned that freedom. Last year was not his time to go, and that is why we didn't give him that option.

http://www.espnfc.com/spanish-prime...rture-from-sevilla-and-confirms-roma-interest

Comments from Monchi

The reasons are based on the fatigue of being at this club for such a long time [29 years at Sevilla, 17 as sporting director]. I wanted to leave in May and I went about it the wrong way in terms of the timing and the manner, but the idea was still there. There are no other reasons, the only person who is to blame for us being here is me, it’s a personal matter and I need a change of scenery. The efforts Sevilla have made to persuade me to stay have been incredible.

I want you to believe me; I have not signed anything and I do not have an agreement with anyone. It’s true that Roma have made an inquiry and it’s true that I was in London the other day, but there is nothing decided. I’m still young and I have things left to achieve in my life so I’m not just going to go home and put my feet up, but I have not made any agreements.

Obviously I’m going to start gradually handing over my jobs in the coming weeks. The planning for next season is mostly done. The decision is the club’s but Sevilla are perfectly prepared to cover my roles. I’ll be losing more without my team than they will without me. There are extremely professional, committed and dedicated Sevillistas in the club. I've told the players that the best tribute they can give me is to win our last 10 league games.

The club is strong, they'll find another Monchi; it'll be harder on me than on them. The club has offered me several possibilities of different types of farewells, but I want the one which is most simple.

To the fans I would just like to say that they have always given me their affection. Anyone who thinks I am a traitor has me utmost respect. I don’t want to say a bad word against anyone. My greatest legacy here is not titles, it’s my team and the structures we have created within the club.

http://en.as.com/en/2017/03/31/football/1490964166_340971.html
http://www.football-espana.net/63467/no-roma-agreement-departing-monchi

dakt

Our commentator said that allegedly Sevilla players heard that Sampaoli made a deal with Barca, resulting with a loss of authority over them.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Our commentator said that allegedly Sevilla players heard that Sampaoli made a deal with Barca, resulting with a loss of authority over them.

That idiot? He is clueless. Every time I watch Barca I get an urge to mute the sound.

Home of Barca Fans