Sevilla

Vilarrubi

I'm starting to have doubts if we should really go after Sampaoli. Obviously I still like his personality but don't like the way they've been playing lately. It's probably only a drop in form that happen to every team every season but we'll see if Sampaoli can lift his team for important games against Leicester and Atletico next week. If they won't get past Leicester that would be another worrysome factor for me and if they lose at Calderon then they'll have only 2 points advantage over Atletico and possibly 3 over Sociedad (if they win their derby today and away game at Alaves next week) so Sevilla's CL spot could be in danger.

In 14/15 they weren't in the CL, in 15/16 they went out at the group stage. As for La Liga.. they went the whole of last season without an away win under Emery..

This season they are in the last 16, are in 3rd place in La Liga just behind us with more or less the same squad. I don't know what else you expect from Sampaoli and Sevilla..

vlad

They were knocked out in the last 16 of the CdR.

i know but after 2 matches vs real that was also exausting, it unrealistic to expect from them fight for top spot in la liga and going through quartes of CL, they can win against leicester, but they will drop more points in la liga as next CL match is approaching

Messi983

In 14/15 they weren't in the CL, in 15/16 they went out at the group stage. As for La Liga.. they went the whole of last season without an away win under Emery..

This season they are in the last 16, are in 3rd place in La Liga just behind us with more or less the same squad. I don't know what else you expect from Sampaoli and Sevilla..

At least I expected them to get past Leicester.

But overall it's not as much about their results in La Liga, which are still good (but I think they'll have problems keeping 3rd place and maybe even finish top 4), it's about their style of play over the last few weeks that are making me doubt about Sampaoli. I don't really know what they are trying to play anymore. They just look lost. Maybe it's also players fault that they are in bad form but at the end form timing it's one of coaches responsibilities.

Antimilan

Nothing important achieved with Sampaoli, not sure what is Vilarrubi on about?

Emery was unlucky last season to get Man City and Juve in the group.... even this season we would be 3rd if we had them, so yeah, a matter of luck in that.

With this team, we would never ever win EL, even with the current season's remaining teams.

There is no discipline in the team, 4 of our last penalties were missed pathetically and there is no clear penalty taker in the squad. Nasri rests for 2-3 weeks without getting bothered and then comes back to get provoked by Vardy, someone that doesn't look like a footballer.

Sampaoli has done absolutely nothing to be brutally honest. This team has been grinding out wins for months now, and all the credit goes to Monchi for some heavy investments (heavy by Sevilla standard) made in the summer and January. With players like: Nasri, Jovetic, Vitolo, Escudero, Mudo, N'Zonzi etc. of course you will be in top 4-5 (we won't end up 3rd, highly doubt it).

So yeah.... Sampaoli is not a manager for Europe and he can only achieve success if he gets all the Chile or Argentina NT players to play for him. He messed up Sevilla by favoring Argentinians like Kranevitter, Vietto and Correa, who are obviously not Sevilla-level players, and he benched the likes of Kiyotake (now gone), Mudo, Iborra etc. players who actually did something when fielded.

If Sevilla wants to excel in the next season, we should keep the core players, keep Monchi and appoint Juanma Lillo as a coach, while sacking the bald crazy-man. A lot of the current players do not deserve the Sevilla shirt and they can go fuck themselves to wherever their head is right now, because it clearly is not within the club.

Messi983

Well, Monchi also had an apparent agreement with Roma a few months ago and the last I checked he was still in Sevilla. I doubt he'd really go to RM (or Barça) because he loves Sevilla too much to compete against them.

And another thing. He's the boss in Sevilla. That club was like his child over the last 17 years. He won't have nearly as much impact and freedom in decisions in a club like RM or Barça, where there are other strong(er) people than him. I really don't see him working good with someone like Perez who always wants to have the last word in everything. You also have to sign different type of players for Sevilla than you do for RM/Barça. Now I'm not saying that he wouldn't be a good signing for RM but at same time I don't believe we should be affraid if they sign him.

Monchi is smart and knows that. That's why I don't buy those RM rumours. If he'll leave Sevilla is more likely he'll go to Roma (there are also rumours lately that Emery could join him there) who is much closer to Sevilla in terms of their status in world football than RM or Barça and I think a club of Sevilla/Roma stature is the perfect working environment for Monchi. He wouldn't have enough power and importance in bigger clubs to really make his footprints there.

FC B

Good pont but still if he is going to end up at rm I'm afraid it won't benefit Barca at all while we're stuck with the likes of Robert and Braida...

Antimilan

Monchi will never ever go to RM. Roma is more likely, though after last night's failure and depending on how we'll finish in the league, the board will not let him go without respecting his contract, and he said many times that he won't be leaving through the backdoor (paying the release clause).

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
I think Monchi said he also likes France as a possible future destination as Sporting Directors get more freedom(and accountability) there.

Messi983

I think Monchi said he also likes France as a possible future destination as Sporting Directors get more freedom(and accountability) there.

Replacing Zubi at OM? Lyon? Maybe Lille to pair him with Bielsa, that could be exciting. Until El Loco leaves after first training, lol.

I doubt he'd go to PSG with Emery possibly out after this season.

Home of Barca Fans