Sevilla

Antimilan

Of course it's a big IF. Even though we are missing 3 of our starting CB's (Rami, Carrico and Kolo) and we missed Carrico/Kolo even with Barca for both legs of SC through suspension, there still needs a lot of work to be done for the defensive part. I'm more optimistic than ever before the official start of the season though (which I consider to be after 2 matches and NT break).

JamDav1982

Lol... absolutely no chance? You said the same before Sevilla annihilated Liverpool in the EL final, therefore, you are not good with predictions.

Lets see how the prediction of 'no chance' plays out then. You will just say defence was never sorted though can see it already.

Where did I say Sevilla had 'absolutely no chance' vs Liverpool?

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
Of course it's a big IF. Even though we are missing 3 of our starting CB's (Rami, Carrico and Kolo) and we missed Carrico/Kolo even with Barca for both legs of SC through suspension, there still needs a lot of work to be done for the defensive part. I'm more optimistic than ever before the official start of the season though (which I consider to be after 2 matches and NT break).

I'd rather you finish second than any of the Madrid teams, for what it's worth.

Antimilan

I'd rather you finish second than any of the Madrid teams, for what it's worth.

No really... I usually tend to joke about challenging La Liga but this season... the only team that we will not be able to dominate and win comfortably in our best day will be Barca. We squashed RM with 65 - 35 possession and schooled them throughout the match... but their luck won't end soon, and I absolutely DESPISE the horseface Ramos.... what a pathetic player.

Antimilan

Lets see how the prediction of 'no chance' plays out then. You will just say defence was never sorted though can see it already.

Where did I say Sevilla had 'absolutely no chance' vs Liverpool?

I said IF the defense will be fixed. Let's see what happens when the main CB's return (3 of them) after the NT break. Though it's true that you didn't say literally the same about the EL final, but it was along those lines and you were certain that Liverpool will win the EL.

I knew that we were going to win EL since the Quarters, you can see the posts there... Emery even sabotaged La Liga and we risked to dropping from the 7th spot only for a 100% focus in EL.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
No really... I usually tend to joke about challenging La Liga but this season... the only team that we will not be able to dominate and win comfortably in our best day will be Barca. We squashed RM with 65 - 35 possession and schooled them throughout the match... but their luck won't end soon, and I absolutely DESPISE the horseface Ramos.... what a pathetic player.

I was one of those who thought Real Madrid purposely gave up possession at the UEFA Super Cup and they didn't play badly despite not having most possession. I think it is way too early to rule them out, plus, it is hard for any team to always play in their best day.

Antimilan

I was one of those who thought Real Madrid purposely gave up possession at the UEFA Super Cup and they didn't play badly despite not having most possession. I think it is way too early to rule them out, plus, it is hard for any team to always play in their best day.

Hmm... could be, but in the last 20 matches vs. RM we only dominated in possession this European Supercup... so I give credit to Sampaolis system for that. However, the possession and scoring goals is meaningless when you concede in every counter that the opponents make. RM really had only 3-4 good chances to score and converted 2 of them before the red card and extra time. All of them were defensive errors from Sevilla and RM counters... something that Espanyol also did well last night, because the system allowed them to do so. The only difference was that RM's defense is way better and one of the best in La Liga... at par with Atletico I'd say. Also, vs. RM and Barca in the supercups we didn't play with 2 strikers... and are yet to try 2 strikers up front in a 3-5-2 vs. a top 4 team. Let's see how things fare with Villarreal next Sunday.

JamDav1982

I said IF the defense will be fixed. Let's see what happens when the main CB's return (3 of them) after the NT break. Though it's true that you didn't say literally the same about the EL final, but it was along those lines and you were certain that Liverpool will win the EL.

I knew that we were going to win EL since the Quarters, you can see the posts there... Emery even sabotaged La Liga and we risked to dropping from the 7th spot only for a 100% focus in EL.

Where did I say Sevilla had absolutely no chance vs Liverpool?

He cant fix the defence playing the way the have going forward. Wont happen just dont have the players.

You can act like I shit on Sevilla if you want but I actually like them and think they might be most interesting team in europe to watch this season but no chance at all of second.

Antimilan

Where did I say Sevilla had absolutely no chance vs Liverpool?

He cant fix the defence playing the way the have going forward. Wont happen just dont have the players.

You can act like I shit on Sevilla if you want but I actually like them and think they might be most interesting team in europe to watch this season but no chance at all of second.

We'll see about that... we sure have a lot of quality defenders. Once we get Caio (center back and defensive midfielder) from Sao Paolo and the injured/suspended defenders will return, everything will be different. Against Espanyol the 2 at the back were: Pareja (a 32 year old center back just coming back from a torn ACL), Mercado (the new right back - a replacement of Coke, not a natural center back), while the other 2 that "helped" the defense, not really... were Mariano (a very offensive-minded right back) and Vitolo (a pure left winger).

We missed: Rami (pure CB - starter), Carrico (pure CB - starter), Kolo (CB and LB), Tremoulinas (LB - starter), Escudero (LB - 2nd starter). So yeah...

Last edited:

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's amazing how easily he achieved that with a team that was more comfortable counter-attacking. Sevilla changed a lot of their players, yes, but he managed to get the team play in his style in only 1-2 months.

F

Flavia

[tw]768447960216633344[/tw]

They're not making it easy for Sampaoli.

Home of Barca Fans