Sevilla

Messi983

They signed Ganso.

Now it's offiicial. They also signed Franco Vazquez (Palermo) and are apparently close to Roque Mesa (Las Palmas).

I have no idea what system Sampaoli will play to get most of these offensive players (Vazquez, Gameiro, Vitolo, Konoplyanka, Ganso, J.Correa, Kiyotake, Sarabia,...) into his lineup but I'm really interested how everything will work out for them. They play their first friendly match against River Plate today so I'll probably watch although most of new players won't play yet.

Antimilan

Now it's offiicial. They also signed Franco Vazquez (Palermo) and are apparently close to Roque Mesa (Las Palmas).

I have no idea what system Sampaoli will play to get most of these offensive players (Vazquez, Gameiro, Vitolo, Konoplyanka, Ganso, J.Correa, Kiyotake, Sarabia,...) into his lineup but I'm really interested how everything will work out for them. They play their first friendly match against River Plate today so I'll probably watch although most of new players won't play yet.

We now have enough midfielders to feed all La Liga clubs by loaning them :p

I'm very excited for Ganso, and heard a lot of good words for Franco. Will see how it goes this season.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Exciting times to have Sampaoli in La Liga.

Wonder if he'll instill Chile's crazy pressing and 3-5-2?

Any signs from pre-season? How do you see their starting 11?

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
Sevilla always seem to field an exciting team, even more anticipation now with Sampaoli. Apart from a fading Los Che, La Liga gets stronger and provide some compelling storylines to follow with several clubs

Topolino

Gemusesuppe
Exciting times to have Sampaoli in La Liga.

Wonder if he'll instill Chile's crazy pressing and 3-5-2?

Any signs from pre-season? How do you see their starting 11?

Been scrolling around the Sevilla forum with my ultra mighty google translate.

Seems 3-4-3.

Vs Granada (last friendly) their line-up was (atleast how I understood):

[formation=yellow2,6]
Rico
0-Mariano-0-Pareja-0-Carrico-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Kranevitter-0-0-0
0-N'Zonzi-0-0-0-Escudero-0
0-0-0-Vazquez-0-0-0
Sarabia-0-0-0-0-0-Konoplyanka
0-0-0-Vietto-0-0-0
[/formation]

Full match on youtube.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Been scrolling around the Sevilla forum with my ultra mighty google translate.

Seems 3-4-3.

Vs Granada (last friendly) their line-up was (atleast how I understood):

[formation=yellow2,6]
Rico
0-Mariano-0-Pareja-0-Carrico-0
0-0-0-0-0-0-0
0-0-0-Kranevitter-0-0-0
0-N'Zonzi-0-0-0-Escudero-0
0-0-0-Vazquez-0-0-0
Sarabia-0-0-0-0-0-Konoplyanka
0-0-0-Vietto-0-0-0
[/formation]

Full match on youtube.

Cool, thanx.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Sevilla changed many players since last season, that too needs to be taken under consideration.

Once they all settle in and Sampaoli gets into stride, they'll be a top 4 team. An improvement from Emery days.
Probably better showing in CL too.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
I expect Sampaoli to do well and for it to take time for Sevilla to integrate/incorporate all these changes but it's a fair question to ask as to whether the Argentine is a better NT coach than club - he has yet to really prove his methods work at club level

Home of Barca Fans