Sevilla

Antimilan

So the season has been typical, great result mixed with shit matches. It started pretty bad and for a while I thought Emery was on his way packing, but he has been able to turn it around the last month. Wins over Real Madrid, Barcelona and Juventus should help boost the teams self confidence through the season. I don't know if the focus will be EL, Copa del Rey or a top 4 league spot, going for all 3 is suicide but then again, this is Seville and fighting on several fronts may in the end be positive.

This season's Sevilla is capable of beating a 'World-Class United Team' with the current most in-form players from all over the world (including Messi). At the same time, they are as well capable of losing from a Segunda team. With that being said, one can predict nothing at the moment. It will go down to a bit of luck to achieve the 4th spot, which is the key target. A good run in Copa is also welcomed, now that we're already in the semis as it seems. While for the EL... maybe it would be better to step out as soon as possible (even though Molde is passable and with a favorable draw we can aim for a good run).

Andrew M

Monchi should take a lot of credit for the successive finals. To think they had both Bacca and Gameiro for a couple of yrs.

Xtroverto

Monchi should take a lot of credit for the successive finals. To think they had both Bacca and Gameiro for a couple of yrs.

Monchi takes all the credits for this era, he hired all coaches and he signed all players since 2000, without him Sevilla would not be much better than Betis for sure. Bacca and Gameiro were good but Fabiano and Kanoute were better though, they scored some 240 goals between them for Sevilla.

zanela

[MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION], what's the reason for your abysmal away record? You have also signed off Lliga with two consecutive defeats. A losing momentum is not exactly what you should be taking in to a big final. I'm TeamUnai for wednesday, I hope your boys don't disappoint me. :rakitic:

Antimilan

[MENTION=2766]Antimilan[/MENTION], what's the reason for your abysmal away record? You have also signed off Lliga with two consecutive defeats. A losing momentum is not exactly what you should be taking in to a big final. I'm TeamUnai for wednesday, I hope your boys don't disappoint me. :rakitic:

We have a little international Sevillistas blog going on and we asked Emery the same question regarding the poor away record, while RSP being a fortress, and this is his answer, as cited:

"Our goal is to be a strong team both at home and abroad, because the points are equal at the Ramón Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium and away from home. Just as we do, other teams play harder at home and make it more difficult for the visiting team. In that sense, there are things we can control, and others that get in the way of us winning. We work on those that affect us without neglecting our responsibility of being always a competitive team." - Unai Emery

Of course a losing momentum is never good, however, I think that the key players didn't even watch the latest matches, as they were not even in the bench, therefore, we will go ALL IN vs. Liverpool. I really hope we do win the EL, since we all deem it as a way more important than CDR. CDR without EL would be meaningless, while EL without CDR is still a perfect end to the season (CL group stages!). Both would be HEAVEN... but that would take a miracle to happen, and I don't believe much in miracles.

Anyway, thanks for the support in the EL final. Hopefully it will first be a great match and then may the best team be crowned as champions... of course, that will be who else but Sevilla.

zanela

We have a little international Sevillistas blog going on and we asked Emery the same question regarding the poor away record, while RSP being a fortress, and this is his answer, as cited:

"Our goal is to be a strong team both at home and abroad, because the points are equal at the Ramón Sanchez Pizjuan Stadium and away from home. Just as we do, other teams play harder at home and make it more difficult for the visiting team. In that sense, there are things we can control, and others that get in the way of us winning. We work on those that affect us without neglecting our responsibility of being always a competitive team." - Unai Emery

Of course a losing momentum is never good, however, I think that the key players didn't even watch the latest matches, as they were not even in the bench, therefore, we will go ALL IN vs. Liverpool. I really hope we do win the EL, since we all deem it as a way more important than CDR. CDR without EL would be meaningless, while EL without CDR is still a perfect end to the season (CL group stages!). Both would be HEAVEN... but that would take a miracle to happen, and I don't believe much in miracles.

Anyway, thanks for the support in the EL final. Hopefully it will first be a great match and then may the best team be crowned as champions... of course, that will be who else but Sevilla.

Thanks for the reply. Unai's response feels a bit vague. I mean every team tries that bit harder at home, that goes without saying. But Sevilla's the only team that has suffered, and he was unable to fix it over the entirety of the season. But then when a pattern develops, it becomes more of a psychological barrier to overcome.
In any case, what with the EL final being played at a neutral ground, I hope your boys bring their home form. :) I cheered for Sevilla the last two EL finals, so this will be my third. I like Unai. But then I'm in awe of football coaches who see themselves as students of the game first and foremost, who are indefatigable and passionate about their work. Unai would be going for an unprecedented feat. And I really hope he achieves his third EL.

Andrew M

So happy for Sevilla. That 2nd half performance was excellent

3 wins in a row is incredible. Almost unfathomable.

Home of Barca Fans