Atletico de Madrid

Centauri B

I was shocked by this result. Just went over the highlights and the scoreline is extremely harsh on Atleti.

Dortmund were lucky to go ahead with a deflected shot, and then Atleti were pressing for the equalizer when Dortmund made it 2-0. Third goal might have been offside as well.

xXKonan

I still have nightmares from the elimination of 2016. we should have done better in that tie.
The Calderon performance was terrible by us. that was around the time the team fell apart and we nearly lost the league despite having a 10 point gap around the time.

That game by Messi as well made me pretty mad because it felt like most of the match he just stayed in one area of the field and didn't move as much at all. I actually wondered if he was indeed injured and he was told to take it really easy then. :lol:

Morten

Well, they got unlucky, hit the post a couple of times, Dortmund opener was a deflection(why cant we ever get a deflected shot going in against them?), and their 3rd(?) goal was offside.
Impressive by Dortmund, but Atletico just didnt have any luck at all.

Morten

Pretty much all of their cbs are injuried for the match against Barca, just lovely....
Speaking of which, there must be some kind of injury-virus roaming around in Madrid right now, because our players simply cant stop falling apart either.

Leo_Messi

I like Cholo the motivator, tactician and leader but I will never be fond of how his Atlético team plays. I understand that it has worked for him in the past and that their current identity sets them apart from everyone else in Spain but it is criminal watching this many talented and technically gifted players in such a primitive (offensively) system.

serghei

I like Cholo the motivator, tactician and leader but I will never be fond of how his Atlético team plays. I understand that it has worked for him in the past and that their current identity sets them apart from everyone else in Spain but it is criminal watching this many talented and technically gifted players in such a primitive (offensively) system.

Don't see the big problem myself. This is how Atletico became one of the top teams in Europe. Based on their defense and efficiency in converting their few goal scoring chances. They give color in a way to La Liga.

Morten

Which is why few other top teams are all that keen on him, i think.
The football is a bit too dull for teams like Bayern, Barca or Real.

Home of Barca Fans