Atletico de Madrid

serghei

It seems to me like they are doing patchwork. Trying to use the same core while applying some patches here and there, and even bringing back some of the old players back like Costa. Seems to me like their core has eroded. Hard to keep playing the same intense football every season, and they surely seem less passionate than in the past. Passion, aggressiveness and hard work always were their best attributes under Simeone, and if those aren't up to par they will decline, even if their individual quality goes up on certain positions.

Last edited:

Cule4life

The Culest
Bus parking football can only take you so far. It can be used to take a team out of a rut like Atletico was in when Simeone took over. But it can't make you into an elite team which regularly competes for the big titles. They might do something in cup competitions but those 1-0 wins won't take you far in the league where you are liable to struggle against teams who sit deep and your lack of creativity will hurt you. Not to mention the level of commitment to be organized at the back is hard to sustain over an extended period

serghei

Bus parking football can only take you so far. It can be used to take a team out of a rut like Atletico was in when Simeone took over. But it can't make you into an elite team which regularly competes for the big titles. They might do something in cup competitions but those 1-0 wins won't take you far in the league where you are liable to struggle against teams who sit deep and your lack of creativity will hurt you. Not to mention the level of commitment to be organized at the back is hard to sustain over an extended period

Yep, it's very hard to win leagues with that style, but does wonders in CL. I expect Atletico to pose much more threat in CL than in La Liga again. They are somewhat similar to Madrid except they don't go all the way like Madrid do in CL.

jamrock

Simone needs to free up the players a bit & give them freedom to be more expressive, and I think that will bring better results.

After playing like this for years the players must be bored as f, it's probably time for a change.

Joan

Ironically, they parked no bus yesterday creating tons of chances. Dmitrović saved the day.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
It's like people do not even watch their games. Their park the bus style actually almost always allows to grind out 1-0 wins. This is the start of the season with Cholo experimenting and trying more attacking formations in order to inevitably revert back to the traditional defensive 4-4-2 mid-season. This has been the case for 2-3 seasons already.

Cule4life

The Culest
Their first instinct after they score a goal is always parking the bus. They never look to kill the game. Inviting pressure like that is bound to backfire. Has cost them many times especially in the CL.

KingLeo10

hope they crash out in the group stages. don't want them anywhere near the KO stages when we make it, the cynical clowns.

messi2140

6racies Xavi
kZfojPd.jpg

Home of Barca Fans