Atletico de Madrid

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Atletico are going to come out of the Simeone era with no Champions League trophy. I know they came very close twice, but I can’t help thinking they’re victims of their own philosophy. So committed to winning in their own dirty way that they lack a backup for those European nights when you need to rely on a different plan. All their antics for all these years and they’ve got precisely nothing in the competition they crave the most.

FinBarcelonafan

Atletico are going to come out of the Simeone era with no Champions League trophy. I know they came very close twice, but I can?t help thinking they?re victims of their own philosophy. So committed to winning in their own dirty way that they lack a backup for those European nights when you need to rely on a different plan. All their antics for all these years and they?ve got precisely nothing in the competition they crave the most.

It's always so easy to say after. What if they win those two final? He would be called genius and maybe he would have revolutionized the thinking in CL.

History is written by winners. It doesn't mean there's only one way to win though.

Marshall D Teach

Atletico are going to come out of the Simeone era with no Champions League trophy. I know they came very close twice, but I can’t help thinking they’re victims of their own philosophy. So committed to winning in their own dirty way that they lack a backup for those European nights when you need to rely on a different plan. All their antics for all these years and they’ve got precisely nothing in the competition they crave the most.

The 2014 final is the prime example of why you don't sit on a 1-0 lead

El Gato

Villarato!
Nah that’s just Scouser salt coming through. Atleti don’t even crave CL more than Liga. They just know it’s easier to shithouse their way to cups.

El Gato

Villarato!
Atletico forcing out Morata to make room for a corpses of Suarez and Diego Costa is the most Morata thing to happen to Morata possible isn't it?

Messi983

Costa is apparently on his way out. And so is Morata who will probably return to Juve.

According to Marca they're interstested in the other Luis Suarez as well. Would be quite funny to see them both in a same team, commentators would go crazy. :lol: And Cavani is also still an option.

El Gato

Villarato!
Costa has been on his way out for at least a year. Nobody wants him.

And yet Atleti (who Morata has claimed he loves so very much, they're his boyhood club bla bla bla, slid towards the fans at Anfield) do not see Morata as anything but a rotation striker behind 32 year olds and not as good as Joao Felix who scored (I think?) less goals than he did.

It's comical how much of a loser DNA is in this dude.

Porque

I actually think Luis Suarez (Barcelona) can do well there for a season atleast- withstanding injury. They will probably play him as a poacher with another harder working forward SS.

He has 147 goals in 191 LaLiga games and 74 assists. You don't lose that output completely over night and their system will support his diminishing off the ball movement as Juve's does Ronaldo and Barcelona's will have to with Messi.

Heck, he is probably going to outscore Barcelona's striker if it ends up being Griezmann, Depay or Lautaro and not Messi.

Home of Barca Fans