Atletico de Madrid

XaviMessiGirl

I usually don't mind Atleti tbh but there really was an excessive amount of dirty fouls yesterday. It's ok to be a little physical but there's a line somewhere.

Darko

They are going to be amazing this year,they have a good chance of winning the Copa again and advancing to the quarter finals of the CL and perhaps further,and who knows,maybe even be 2nd in La Liga.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
They've built a team capable of handling multiple competitions and most importantly, cup ties. Defensively they are extremely difficult to break down and they have a strong attack as well. In the league I don't think they'll be able to get 2nd, but they will get pretty damn close. They can get very far in the CL depending on whom they get paired with in the knockout stages.

Cule4life

The Culest
Need more reinforcements to handle multiple competitions especially in midfield. They still lack creativity which shows especially against strong teams.

Kerrybai

wqj6.jpg

http://futbol.as.com/futbol/2013/09/07/primera/1378514606_611804.html

Despite the setback Olympic colchonera by the intention to go ahead with the plan to move to the new stadium. The move is scheduled for the 2015-2016 season.

The Olympic setback mattress not alter plans. The Manzanares club committed to the city of Madrid to relocate and change the Calderon for the new Olympic stadium. That was the plan before and although Madrid still has not been designated as an Olympic city for 2020. The construction company Fomento de Construcciones y Contratas (FCC) was commissioned to reform and raise the new complex and contract must do so to be operational at least in the second half of 2015 (beginning of the course 2015-16). Thus, and although Madrid does not host the Games in 2020 and there is no need even to Olympic Stadium, Atletico will go ahead with his plan, his and the city. The new stadium will have an occupant, the team mattress, and thus ensures the use of the complex. The equity agreement that the City and Atletico signed in 2008 should go ahead. The session also always was in favor of finding a solution to the comb, and underutilized facility at the time it took to Madrid about 50 million euros.

Complex reform now valued at almost 200 million euros. FCC is taking place (the works have already started) and then have to tear down the Calderon and bury the section of the M-30 that remains feud tunnel due to the mattress. Atletico, meanwhile, has been long ahead of the payment of the plot of the comb to the City.

Cherry: "He was not linked"

Cerezo, who traveled to Buenos Aires as part of the entourage of Madrid 2020, said the future of the new stadium was not linked to the Games. "If we can now accelerate the construction of the comb. Their reform was not dependent on the Games. Was not linked," said Atletico president.

The works follow their pace

The construction of the stadium Atletico follow his pace. You have laid the foundation and can see concrete pillars jutting iron announcing the next phase of construction. The aim is that in 2014 the completion of the main structure of the stadium.

Sorry for the poor translation, I don't speak Spanish and used Google.

It will be sad to see the Vincent Calderon demolished and replaced by a park. I'm also not sure how much AM will benefit from the new stadium. It will have a capacity of 73,000 but I do wonder if they need to go from 54k to 73k. Maybe they have people waiting on their season ticket list.

Cule4life

The Culest
Can somebody shone some light on this deal between the govt and Atletico regarding the relocation of Vicente Calderon? Will Atletico offset some debt through this deal?

DavidVillano1

As long as they don't lose players for a long period, I think their depth is fine. Say last night is the strongest 11, At Madrid have these players in reserve;

Adrian
Raul Garcia
Leo Baptistao
Alderweireld
Rodriquez
Manquillo
Torres
Aranzubia
Guilavogui
Insua

That's decent back up, some very good back up, I would expect them to make some more signings in Jan as well.

Also they don't lack creativity at all, they cut open Real often last night. No idea where that notion comes from!

Cule4life

The Culest
Without Arda Turan they struggle to create chances. He's their most important player even more than Diego Costa

Home of Barca Fans