Andreu Fontas loaned to Mallorca

TanzaBarca

Have always had a soft spot for him, after that assist that he gave to Pedro at Almeria during the 0-8 drubbing. Wish him luck and hope he proves all the doubters wrong. Good luck Fonti.
Am very happy with him joining Malloca, hope he will show us his quality.

Barca8

Its not that i want them boys(minus JDS) to leave. I'm not confident Tito will afford them the consistent opportunities they'd need to move to the next level, esp in light of the positions they occupy on the pitch. And the way he's gone about our recent defensive crisis suggest he's not much of a fan of Marc either. To prefer a newcomer converted DM against the lowly Granada at home is quite telling. And If we do make a CB signing next summer, these boys 'll essentially be 5th choice in Tito's pecking order, that leaves them with very li'l time to develop. And for their own sake, they'll 've to pursue elsewhere even if temporarily.

Well said Zanela. I myself have been really surprised at Tito consistently leaving Bartra on the bench and sticking a brand new player who isn't even fluid in our system much less a position he's played maybe once before? It could be damaging to a player we consider our future on the backline. Barcelona are a club that continue to redefine the game of football but some things should remain in context. A Center Back can redefine the Center Back role. You don't go looking for a DMF because you need a center back. Song cost us upwards of 20 million euros and while he is a good player I just don't understand this buy when Vertonghen came off a brilliant season and would have been half the price.

We play 18th place Deportivo this weekend and 10th place Vallecano the following. If you are to ease a player into the first team you give them minutes against sides like these. If Bartra doesn't make it on the pitch then Tito really doesn't have any plans for him unless Puyol, Pique, Mascherano, Song, Busquests, Adriano, Alves, Abidal all happen to be out at the same time. :angry:

M

Messi+Eto

Oh thank you lawd! Was never a fan at all!

Last edited:

Andersen22

I actually really like Fontas, he just haven't been given the right opportunity to develop. Hope he will impress at Mallorca :)

Co0ter

Not the worst player, he has good qualities but his positioning isn't the best and he is SLOW.

It's about time we bring some speed into our CB position because that is where we need it most, someone who can catch the speedy guys treading our backline.

M

messi_xavi_iniesta

A good loan. If he´s not barça material sell him.

SwiftGuyver

Could be, but I think they will keep Bartra. And Sergi Roberto. Cuenca could be loaned or sold in January, unless a forward gets hurt, because there will be too many forwards.

La Masia produces a lot more first division players than can fit on the small Barca roster. This is not a bad thing. Barca keeps the right ones. Last year Thiago, this year Tello, Montoya and maybe Bartra. Next year Sergi Roberto, then Deulofeu and Rafina later.

Thiago & Montoya are the only ones likely to be in our first team for years like Xavi & Puyol etc though.

Fontas is ok but far too slow to be playing CB for FCB. I wish him luck, hope he does well at Mallorca and builds on his career. Hopefully we can cash in on him in the near future.

JDS is never going to play regularly for the first team. He needs to leave to move on with his career. Like Fontas he is definitely good enough to be playing for a decent club but not FCB.

Tello & Cuenca are decent but I can't see either of them ever being more than a backup option for us.

Muniesa needs to recover and then prove he is not injury prone.

Bartra should be given a chance in the first team this season but it's not looking good for him at the moment.

Sergi Roberto has a chance but there is A LOT of competition for midfield spots.

Deulofeu & Rafinha and then Dongou, Grimaldo & Samper all have the potential to break into the first team over the next few years but I think Thiago & Montoya will be the only recognised first team members until this exciting generation start to come through.

Home of Barca Fans