Andreu Fontas loaned to Mallorca

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona defender, Andreu Fontas, has been given permission by the club to travel this morning to Palma de Mallorca for a medical check up ahead of his loan to RCD Mallorca until the end of the season.

1350295808299.jpg

4 Mallorca players suffered injuries recently (Javi Márquez, Antonio López, Joao Víctor and Nunes) and were thus allowed to make a signing.

impeh

Hi, its me..
Seems like he will get some playing time then, which is good news. Maybe JDS will join him.. :blush:

If he does well.. and assuming we wont sign in January, maybe he'll be part of the squad next year.

F

Flavia

Good for him, I wish him all the best. And I doubt he'll be back to Barça.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Wish him all the luck. He had a hard path with all those injuries and then disappointments of being left out.

Has a contract with Barca until 2015, so who knows, if he does well, maybe we can cash in on Fontas eventually.

FCBarca

Mike the Knife
He's effectively 23 years of age which is still pretty young for a central defender, I suppose there's a chance he will evolve into a stout defender but I am skeptical that he will be anything more than a backup for a club like Barcelona - we'll see I guess but I'm glad he will regularly play now

P

PhilS

Soon to follow - JDS, Bartra, Muniesa, S.Gomez in that order.

Could be, but I think they will keep Bartra. And Sergi Roberto. Cuenca could be loaned or sold in January, unless a forward gets hurt, because there will be too many forwards.

La Masia produces a lot more first division players than can fit on the small Barca roster. This is not a bad thing. Barca keeps the right ones. Last year Thiago, this year Tello, Montoya and maybe Bartra. Next year Sergi Roberto, then Deulofeu and Rafina later.

zanela

I think you're getting ahead of yourself, zanela...I think Bartra will impress

Its not that i want them boys(minus JDS) to leave. I'm not confident Tito will afford them the consistent opportunities they'd need to move to the next level, esp in light of the positions they occupy on the pitch. And the way he's gone about our recent defensive crisis suggest he's not much of a fan of Marc either. To prefer a newcomer converted DM against the lowly Granada at home is quite telling. And If we do make a CB signing next summer, these boys 'll essentially be 5th choice in Tito's pecking order, that leaves them with very li'l time to develop. And for their own sake, they'll 've to pursue elsewhere even if temporarily.

karthik

Have always had a soft spot for him, after that assist that he gave to Pedro at Almeria during the 0-8 drubbing. Wish him luck and hope he proves all the doubters wrong. Good luck Fonti.

Galning

Don't think he will ever make it as a CB at Barça but as Bojan said hopefully we can sell him for a reasonable price. Or maybe against all odds.. he actually looks awesome at Mallorca.

Home of Barca Fans