Barca should sever ties with Nike

Barcilliant

We say we are more than a club and yet we allow Nike to manufacture our kit. In the wake of the Armstrong affair and the fact that Nike CONTINUES tom support him I feel we should dump Nike. Its not only that Armstrong doped. There are plenty of drug fuelled athletes around. Its the fact that he acted and continues to act like an arrogant psycopath and Nike continue to support him and his Livestrong foundation. The man is a fraud who hides behind his charity to conceal his deeply flawed character ditto Nike.

I would love to see a new shirt sponsor with some integriety behind them not necessarily big bucks. I think it would be the right thing to do. Nike are guilty of many things the worst probably child labour and exploitation. Maybe we need to back up the words with come deeds.

What do people think?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
I think you are overreacting. Those global companies don't run charities. Now, I don't know what's the deal with Armstrong and Nike but that's not our concern.
How about being sponsored by Turkish airlines? They deny the Armenian genocide. Or have beer sponsors. Barca promoting alcohol?! Qatar?

Barca players wage bill is the biggest, not only in football, but in all club sports on the planet.
How's that for a charity and integrity? For a club in debt and located in a country/province that had to be bailed out.

Sponsors are about business, not who's more noble. And we do need money.

P

PhilS

Barca spends its income, mainly on player salaries, the highest in the world. Less income would mean lessor players.

Nike did change the name of the Joe Paterno child care facility on their campus, so they don't always stay loyal to their endorsers.

Home of Barca Fans