Alen Halilović

Messi

It's most likely not that he isn't aware of the problem, but developing awareness takes time. IMO more than developing technique

Homesafe

Halilović makes things happen and constantly push opposition to defending position, instead of succumbing to pressure or passing simple ball like most alibi players do, if fans are mad doesnt mean they are right.

BBZ8800

http://www.lavozdeasturias.es/noticia/sporting1905/2017/04/07/halilovic-adapta-palmas/00031491553676940899751.htm

Google translation:
"Alen Halilovic returned to the starting lineup yesterday, after more than a month in the bench, in the defeat of the canaries (3-1) before the Eibar. The Croatian did not make his best game, just like his team, and was one of the players most criticized by the Canarian fans. Alen came to Las Palmas in the winter market, ceded until June 2018, - at more than a million euros - but his performance is not convincing. In Germany, Hamburg, also could not shine. Alen has 416 minutes in eleven games, four as a starter, and still has not managed to settle in the eleven of Setién. After the defeat in Eibar, in the worst moment of the season of the canaries, many fans criticized his signing."

Richard.H

How is he doing? From the comments I read here seems like he isn't doing well. Shame because I always thought he had good technique and showed some flashes of absolute brilliance.

Windhook

I watched a few games involving Halilovic recently. He is still trying hard to prove that he is the next Messi, something which is doing more harm than any good to Las Palmas. I like the way he dribbles, but his passing vision is limited at this point.

Messi983

Next season should be better but I'm a bit affraid of a new coaching change for him.

Las Palmas as a whole was pretty bad recently after Setien has announced he'll leave. They are just waiting for the end of the season. To be fair I think they really f*** up bringing Jese in January. Maybe I'm a bit biased but I think he's been even more disappointing so far than Alen. They should've instead gone for a good striker and keep playing Boateng as LW.

Let's hope they'll get a coach that will keep Setien's offensive and possesion oriented system. There were rumours they are interested in Fernando Hierro. I'd hate that. First, I didn't like him as a player so I'd have a hard time rooting for Las Palmas with him as a coach and second, from the few games of Hierro's Oviedo I've watched this season they play very defensive so I don't think Hierro would really be a good replacement for Setien.

Now it's very likely they'll lose players like Lemos, Roque Mesa and possible some others as well so they'll have to bring similar type of players if they'd want to continue playing the same way and that might be hard for a club of their stature. But I really enjoyed watching them over the last two seasons so hopefully they'll keep playing attractive football and Alen will get an important role under new coach.

El Flaco

Maybe a little bit old, but Halilovic made an interview for Sport ahead of our game against them.

[tw]863739339905347584[/tw]

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
He's probably not even good enough anymore for his former team in Croatia.

We've had a lot of bad luck with our young attacking talents. Deulofeu, Adama and Halilovic all turning out to be awfully flawed one way or another.

God Serena

He's probably not even good enough anymore for his former team in Croatia.

We've had a lot of bad luck with our young attacking talents. Deulofeu, Adama and Halilovic all turning out to be awfully flawed one way or another.

The flaws with Adama and Halilovic were apparent before either player even made it to Barca B, and Deulofeu is actually turning out pretty decent now.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
The flaws with Adama and Halilovic were apparent before either player even made it to Barca B, and Deulofeu is actually turning out pretty decent now.

Honeymoon is over mate.

Now even Milan fans want him gone and are tired of him reverting back to his old ways. Cannot understand the guy.

God Serena

Honeymoon is over mate.

Now even Milan fans want him gone and are tired of him reverting back to his old ways. Cannot understand the guy.

A quick scan of the AC Milan forum shows that even with the widely positive attitude towards him shifting, he's still close to 50/50 on fans who like him and those who don't. The way some people describe it it's as if he's their version of Andre Gomes or something.

BBZ8800

In the last 15-20 years, only Barca's level attackers from La Masia were Messi (who is more a luck than some kind of a rule) and Pedro.
Plus, there were some ok guys who managed to make their name in other clubs after Barca B.

As mentioned before, La Masia is okish and good in creating awesome and okish midfielders for Barca.
In terms of attackers, we will always have to rely on buying proven world class attackers.

So, people shouldn't expect too much even from current La Masia attackers or 90-95% of attackers in the future.

KingMessi

SiempreBlaugrana
I'll expand on that sentiment by saying that we shouldn't expect too much from La Masia youngsters in general, but instead be pleasantly surprised if/when one or more of them turn out to be good players for us.

We expect too much from the academy these days because of the golden generation that it produced.

Home of Barca Fans