Alen Halilović

BBZ8800

I'll expand on that sentiment by saying that we shouldn't expect too much from La Masia youngsters in general, but instead be pleasantly surprised if/when one or more of them turn out to be good players for us.

We expect too much from the academy these days because of the golden generation that it produced.

I personally never expect anything.
That's reality.

La Masia isn't that magical and realistically can't be better than youth academy from Bayern, Juve, Milan, Real, Atletico, Man utd, Arsenal, Liverpool.
If all big teams have poor or average success with young gems, it really doesn't make sense that Barca will produce Xavi/Iniesta/Busi/Puyol/Messi over and over.

Unless if all other teams are doing something horribly wrong or if we are using cheats and magic.
Which we aren't.

Xavi/Iniesta/Messi luck is over.
We should lower our expectations and expect a level of quality youths the same as in any random youth academy like Real, Man Utd, Juventus, Liverpool etc.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
In the last 15-20 years, only Barca's level attackers from La Masia were Messi (who is more a luck than some kind of a rule) and Pedro.
Plus, there were some ok guys who managed to make their name in other clubs after Barca B.

As mentioned before, La Masia is okish and good in creating awesome and okish midfielders for Barca.
In terms of attackers, we will always have to rely on buying proven world class attackers.

So, people shouldn't expect too much even from current La Masia attackers or 90-95% of attackers in the future.

Bad luck in a sense that we didn't sign Asensio because we had Adama and Halilovic too.

Bad luck or incompetence, I don't know, but we put all our eggs in one basket and neither flourished.

khaled_a_d

Bad luck in a sense that we didn't sign Asensio because we had Adama and Halilovic too.

Bad luck or incompetence, I don't know, but we put all our eggs in one basket and neither flourished.

Asensio was never a bad luck, this could be one unforgivable mistake from Zubi.

God Serena

Asensio was never a bad luck, this could be one unforgivable mistake from Zubi.

Zubi had more unforgivable transfers and failures (to sign players), than successes, imo.

I still remember Vermaelen badly failing his medical just so Zubi could override them and sign him anyways. :lol:

George_Costanza

20% for sure! That will be 20 EUR! :rofl1:

He was relegated with every single team he played for! What the fuck is wrong with Milan? Are they blind? :facepalm:

Milan is desperate as they got the banned from competing in Champions League and Europa League for next season after breaching FFP rules.

Home of Barca Fans