Votes: 46 50.0%
  • Draw

Votes: 20 21.7%
  • Real

Votes: 26 28.3%

• Total voters

PearLBLacK

Banned
Heart says Barca win, head says Madrid slaughterhouse or at the very best a draw.

You can never know. Remember that 1-3 defeat in Dec 2011? Everybody was hyping RM, Barca had a bad series of draws, and it was at the Bernabeu. And Karim scored in the first minute. How did that end?

C

Cristiano Ronaldo

If Barcelona wins, you'll win the leauge. If RM wins, the race for championship will be more interesting for sure.

I personally voted Barcelona.

Arachnid

If Barcelona wins, you'll win the leauge. If RM wins, the race for championship will be more interesting for sure.

I personally voted Barcelona.

Not the way we've been playing, conceding goals and going for desperate last minute hail Marys. Madrid only needs to start one of their unbeaten runs, when they win like 20 games straight, and watch Barcelona lose plenty points eventually.

Ursegor

World Champion
Madrid only needs to start one of their unbeaten runs, when they win like 20 games straight, and watch Barcelona lose plenty points eventually.

Where does this myth of "Madrid's unbeaten runs" come from? The La Liga record in this regard is still held by Pep's Barcelona if I'm not mistaken: 16 straight victories in 10 / 11. We finished a season with a dysfunctional Ibra and constantly injured Iniesta with 99 points. We also finished a season with 96 points in which we wrapped up the league weeks before the last matchday so we could play our B team towards the end. Considering the hunger of the team and the huge depth we now have in every position (bar CBs) and the return of a 100 % fit Villa in the second half of the season, I'm sure this squad can easily break the 100 point mark. If we beat Madrid this weekend, I'm confident that this will happen. We haven't even started to roll yet. Imagine the return of 100 % Villa and Abidal + Puyol in the second half of the season! So far we're playing without centrebacks, without Iniesta and with Messi in "OMG, I'm going to become a father soon" mode. :lol:

Arachnid

Where does this myth of "Madrid's unbeaten runs" come from? The La Liga record in this regard is still held by Pep's Barcelona if I'm not mistaken: 16 straight victories in 10 / 11. We finished a season with a dysfunctional Ibra and constantly injured Iniesta with 99 points. We also finished a season with 96 points in which we wrapped up the league weeks before the last matchday so we could play our B team towards the end. Considering the hunger of the team and the huge depth we now have in every position (bar CBs) and the return of a 100 % fit Villa in the second half of the season, I'm sure this squad can easily break the 100 point mark. If we beat Madrid this weekend, I'm confident that this will happen. We haven't even started to roll yet. Imagine the return of 100 % Villa and Abidal + Puyol in the second half of the season! So far we're playing without centrebacks, without Iniesta and with Messi in "OMG, I'm going to become a father soon" mode. :lol:

You know, here's part of the problem we have. Fans who not only believe there's a chance in hell Abidal is getting back, but you are even counting on it. Or in Puyol not spending what's left of his career injured. It's like talking to people who believes in fairies.

Ursegor

World Champion
Errr. Xavi explicitly said he's returning in November or December. I wouldn't believe it either but the staff repeatedly said Abidal will return so I'm taking their words for it. Puyol fell on his arm. Shit happens. It had nothing to do with age. He's Puyol so he'll come back and deliver when it really matters (CL knockout stages).

Arachnid

Errr. Xavi explicitly said he's returning in November or December. I wouldn't believe it either but the staff repeatedly said Abidal will return so I'm taking their words for it. Puyol fell on his arm. Shit happens. It had nothing to do with age. He's Puyol so he'll come back and deliver when it really matters (CL knockout stages).

They can say anything they want. It would be nothing short of a miracle if it happened a couple of years from now, let alone November. Let's try to be real here. And it's no weird coincidence that Puyol spent last season going from injury to injury and now can't play a full match without getting knocked out for a month... the body gets older. less spry, it doesn't respond like before. Age, sadly, happens. Believing that our guys are immune to a transplant and old age is terribly naive from the staff, because it won't happen.

Theconomist

I really don't see us winning this one. Ronaldo's confidence is red hot and our make shift defence can't possible hold against the best counter attack in the world. Our only hope is outscoring them really.
I think it'll be a Sevilla like game and I expect lots of goals. At least 5.

XaviFCB

It is a bit naive to think of Abidal playing again any time soon, even so, he is 33 years old. I do think we'll be stronger this year, but defensively so far it has been a nightmare for us which could be a deal breaker in the title race.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
1-1 or 2-2. Or Barca may even get the win. Tough one to call. First goal is important if Madrid get it as I cannot see Madrid losing if they get the first goal.

Home of Barca Fans