Munir El Haddadi

God Serena

In last eleven games (four starts) he has six goals, couple of winners and even last game came on and helped turn it around.

He has looked better recently than Munir ever did and he looked a lot better at Valencia as well in a shambles of season for them.

For me he is clearly the better player.

It took him the majority of the season to reach this level. If Munir had been allowed to continue with us and keep improving he could have reached it as well, possibly much sooner in the season, and he likely wouldn't have been completely useless until the tail end of the season.

JamDav1982

It took him the majority of the season to reach this level. If Munir had been allowed to continue with us and keep improving he could have reached it as well, possibly much sooner in the season, and he likely wouldn't have been completely useless until the tail end of the season.

Has taken him a while to settle absolutely agree. Thats often the case at players to Barca and Real.

Munir had more time in first team and came from La Masia and even this season hasnt really developed at Valencia. Certainly not as a CF where they rarely played him in end.

Can only judge on what those players have done on pitch and for me Paco is better easily. Anything else is guess work to try and suit an argument.

God Serena

Has taken him a while to settle absolutely agree. Thats often the case at players to Barca and Real.

Munir had more time in first team and came from La Masia and even this season hasnt really developed at Valencia. Certainly not as a CF where they rarely played him in end.

Can only judge on what those players have done on pitch and for me Paco is better easily. Anything else is guess work to try and suit an argument.

Munir had more time with the first team but he was essentially promoted directly from Juvenil A, he needed to not only adapt to Lucho's Barca (Which differs from the way we train La Masia players), but also top flight football. His performances dropped noticeably for Valencia yes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have developed if allowed to continue on the trajectory he had been on. Lucho's handling of him combined with a refusal to rest MSN in most cases prevented that from happening.

JamDav1982

Munir had more time with the first team but he was essentially promoted directly from Juvenil A, he needed to not only adapt to Lucho's Barca (Which differs from the way we train La Masia players), but also top flight football. His performances dropped noticeably for Valencia yes, but that doesn't mean he wouldn't have developed if allowed to continue on the trajectory he had been on. Lucho's handling of him combined with a refusal to rest MSN in most cases prevented that from happening.

Dont agree at all and he hasnt developed at Valencia and was given a decent amount of time in first team to kick on.

All hypothetical so can only focus what they have done on pitch and Paco looks the better player.

khaled_a_d

What would prevent Paco (who 1-didn't even have a single pre-season with us 2-only coached by worst version of Lucho 3-Had to deal with being coached by Neville 4-was used very inconsistently in 2nd half of the season) from being big improvement next year with more playing time, if you think Munir would have done well with more playing time if he had stayed?

Last edited:

JamDav1982

I still prefer Munir, he looks much more fluid and not out of place as a Barca CF.

For me Munir struggles at CF as he is not physical enough. Even at Valencia they decided Zaza was a better option there.

Paco in the last couple of months has been better coming off the bench and starting than Munir was at Barca in my opinion.

Dont think have ever really looked particularly fluid with Munir.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
What would prevent Paco (who 1-didn't even have a single pre-season with us 2-only coached by worst version of Lucho 3-Had to deal with being coached by Neville 4-was used very inconsistently in 2nd half of the season) from being big improvement next year with more playing time, if you think Munir would have done well with more playing time if he had stayed?

Paco doesn't have technique, vision, finishing nor does he run and press. He played better for Valencia because there he had more space to work in. He will never have that space here.

Those stuff I mentioned above can't be improved by training for a year. He simply does not have the required skills to make it here.

Munir on the other hand was frustrating with his finishing too but the kid has technique and knows how to move in tight spaces and made up a lot with his pressing.

There's no contest for me on who should be given time here. One has talent other has only 30 million burden on his neck.

JamDav1982

Every one sees it differently I suppose.

I see Paco as better at those things in first part than Munir is and has shown it lately at Barca and at Valencia.

khaled_a_d

Paco doesn't have technique, vision, finishing nor does he run and press. He played better for Valencia because there he had more space to work in. He will never have that space here.

Those stuff I mentioned above can't be improved by training for a year. He simply does not have the required skills to make it here.

Munir on the other hand was frustrating with his finishing too but the kid has technique and knows how to move in tight spaces and made up a lot with his pressing.

There's no contest for me on who should be given time here. One has talent other has only 30 million burden on his neck.

Paco doesn't have vision? You know this has been always known as one of his better qualities and he has been already been showing it in the 2nd half of the season,for a no9 he has a top notch vision. His finishing is better than Munir and I would argue that in terms of technique it is very close to Munir. different perspective I think
And Villa has been very successful here and you can argue that he lacks all what you have said,he wasn't fast,he wasn't technically gifted and he only had finishing as elite
Finishing is always something that can be developed by training,and unlike Villa he won't be asked to be starter or to play out of position.
What I see is a striker who has gr8 off the ball movement,gr8 vision and understanding to where his teammates are,fights for his place ,for a no9 he is a head and shoulder above Munir. Again probably different perspective

Last edited:

jamrock

Let's be honest people paco is a player that as zero business playing for futbol club Barcelona, scoring a few goals at the end of the season doesn't change that. This is a $30M striker, I know in this inflated market some will tell you that's not a lot.

But that's $30m for what exactly? What does he Excell at, at the very highest level.

He is better quipped to play at this level compare to Munir because of his physical advantages, similar to how Sandro as taken to life at Malaga for the same reason, but as a talent, I don't think there is a single thing he can do better then Munir, and I've never been a big munir fan, always liked Sandro more.

But yea paco is garbage for 30m, Munir could have had the very same impact as he did, this season if he had stayed and we would have saved 30m and hopefully used it better in this up coming summer.

Munir needed to leave at some point in order to develop, due to the limited playing time he would receive at Barca. But paco is a 30m waste of money, he is like gamiero atletico wasted 40m, neither of them are cut out for the very highest level, not even as a bench player.

michelco

Paco doesn't have vision? You know this has been always known as one of his better qualities and he has been already been showing it in the 2nd half of the season,for a no9 he has a top notch vision. His finishing is better than Munir and I would argue that in terms of technique it is very close to Munir. different perspective I think
And Villa has been very successful here and you can argue that he lacks all what you have said,he wasn't fast,he wasn't technically gifted and he only had finishing as elite
Finishing is always something that can be developed by training,and unlike Villa he won't be asked to be starter or to play out of position.
What I see is a striker who has gr8 off the ball movement,gr8 vision and understanding to where his teammates are,fights for his place ,for a no9 he is a head and shoulder above Munir. Again probably different perspective

Not really known for his vision at all, he was always known for being a pure poacher. Give him a through ball or a low cross and he will score. However the space needs to be there for him to excel.

Coming from a Valencia fan

Regarding Munir, I think he's a decent player though he played mostly left wing for Valencia this year, working hard off the ball to defend and press. He seems to adapted to the role quite well late in the season. Regarding comparing Munir to Paco? It's like comparing apples to oranges, two completely different players.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans