Munir El Haddadi

Sorin

Good luck to Munir. He is simply not a Barca level player, however I don't see Sevilla being his level either, unless some sudden improvement in his overall performance. He is more of a Levante/Getafe kind of guy.

The striker market is weak af. There are not many seasoned strikers that can outright replace Suarez(Kane is the only one) and young ones need game time to develop and they won't get it with us atm.

Messi983

I think he could do well in Machin's system with a stronger ST like Andre Silva playing alongside him. Will probably be just a squad player unless they sell WBY though.

serghei

He shouldn't get a single minute of playing time until he moves. Gave him a lot of minutes and he never showed much.

Sorin

Might be the right time to rotate Suárez more. Even he knows he's getting old.

Have no idea who we should sign though.

There are Martial and Werner, both with 1 year left in the summer. But neither of them are out-and out strikers, more like left wingers that like to cut inside, which we could do with tbh.

Last edited:

BarçaBarça

There are Martial and Werner, both with 1 year left in the summer. But neither of them are out-and out strikers, more like left wingers that like to cut inside, which we could do with tbh.

No thanks. Too much of a lottery ticket with Werner for me at least. Martial is the real deal, but I don't want another half-winger. We have Dembele/Coutinho as wingers and Messi as 10/winger/GOAT-all-over-the-picth. We need a Suarez-replacement not a new winger-type. For that reason also no thanks to Neymar (for other reasons also, obviously). Martial would be crazy-expensive anyway, United has an option for 1 more year and don't need money (I bet they have to raise his wages insanely for doing so, but they don't care, for sure).

I would like a real replacement for Suarez instead of halfhearted ones. Kane/Mbappe are the ones with the level to play here right now. Kane could be available for madmoney, Mbappe only a few years down the line.

Sorin

No thanks. Too much of a lottery ticket with Werner for me at least. Martial is the real deal, but I don't want another half-winger. We have Dembele/Coutinho as wingers and Messi as 10/winger/GOAT-all-over-the-picth. We need a Suarez-replacement not a new winger-type. For that reason also no thanks to Neymar (for other reasons also, obviously). Martial would be crazy-expensive anyway, United has an option for 1 more year and don't need money (I bet they have to raise his wages insanely for doing so, but they don't care, for sure).

I would like a real replacement for Suarez instead of halfhearted ones. Kane/Mbappe are the ones with the level to play here right now. Kane could be available for madmoney, Mbappe only a few years down the line.

Don't get me wrong I'm also not sold on anything but WC. I'm tired of half assed measures however do you see how we at like we don't have any money? You can't buy world class players by spending 40 tops.

Martial's has one year option from the summer of 2019 onward. His contract expires this summer so basically 1 year left after United extends it.

BarçaBarça

Don't get me wrong I'm also not sold on anything but WC. I'm tired of half assed measures however do you see how we at like we don't have any money? You can't buy world class players by spending 40 tops.

Martial's has one year option from the summer of 2019 onward. His contract expires this summer so basically 1 year left after United extends it.

Oh, yeah, that's right. He might actually go for under 50M, then :thinking:
Yes, money will be a constant problem for a non-oil club like ours in the future transferwindows. But we went to zero in the last window if we count Paulinho-money, so we should be able to do some business, although I know de Jong will be expensive, and prioritized (and should be). What if we sell Rakitic, Malcom and Rafinha/Denis etc.? No, I know, still would be hard to lure Kane from Tottenham.

Sorin

Oh, yeah, that's right. He might actually go for under 50M, then :thinking:
Yes, money will be a constant problem for a non-oil club like ours in the future transferwindows. But we went to zero in the last window if we count Paulinho-money, so we should be able to do some business, although I know de Jong will be expensive, and prioritized (and should be). What if we sell Rakitic, Malcom and Rafinha/Denis etc.? No, I know, still would be hard to lure Kane from Tottenham.

Frenkie is already PSG bound. Seems like it's Rabiot for midfield and that's it.

That's one way to increase the transfer budget, sell declining players while they still have value left and buy the next wave of talents/wc players. For example I would sell both Rakitic and Suarez, forget that their best buddies with Messi. Add 100 and buy Kane. You also get rid of their wages which are 2 of the biggest in our club. Suarez alone is 15m/year and would probably pay Kane less than that. Slim chances tho, when we give renewed contracts to everyone like it's Christmas candy.

Home of Barca Fans