Do we have a GK and potential world class CB in the pipelines?

Theconomist

To those who follow the youth system closely what has been happening in this area?
Bartra and Fontas aren't really ready to step up to the plate apparently and I haven't heard of Muniesa in a while.
The few times I've seen Oier he wasn't all that so yeah the question stands.
Valdes isn't 25 anymore Puyol is playing his season or two with us and well having a world class cb coming through the ranks would be good, much more so than our attempts to convert DMs into CBs no matter how successful they've been?
So, is there anyone that's on the verge of a first team breakthrough?

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
We had plenty of potential world class players but injuries or hype or whatever meant they didn't make it. See Dos Santos, Muniesa, etc.
On the other hand, some players who had so much less hype made it: Busquets, Pedro.. Heck even Valdes and Puyol.

Really hard to predict anything imo.

Beast

The Observer
I remember few years ago you had a young very tall keeper that cule's were raving about as the next big thing.. where is he ?

I think his name was Mino or something

Trickykid

I remember few years ago you had a young very tall keeper that cule's were raving about as the next big thing.. where is he ?

I think his name was Mino or something

I don't think I've ever seen anyone raving about Miño, but in any case, he got shipped off on a free transfer to Mallorca this summer.

Yugi

pol balleste was potential gk for first team, he went to malaga :-(
anyway as for CB i always liked roger riera (recently promoted to u19 along with samper), no idea why but he just seems to have "it"....but we will see, there is still hope for Muniesa tho but very small

XaviMessiGirl

Muniesa is injured that's why we haven't heard much about him. Bartra is ready IMO.

As for young GK's I'm not a fan of Oier, I think Masip is better but Eusebio apparently doesn't agree.

Deco 20

Scandinavian 101
GK: Not really, unless one of the youth team goalkeepers do very well.

CB: No real standout, but Bartra is decent and there's a few 17-year olds who are good.

Theconomist

We had plenty of potential world class players but injuries or hype or whatever meant they didn't make it. See Dos Santos, Muniesa, etc.
On the other hand, some players who had so much less hype made it: Busquets, Pedro.. Heck even Valdes and Puyol.

Really hard to predict anything imo.

Unfortunately that's true but look at players like Thiago we knew all along he'd make it and so he hasn't proved us wrong. I meant players like that who simply have ''it'' .

Dimonsss

GK: Ondoa (Juvenil A), Suarez, Lara (Juvenil B). All they have potential to make it, but all depends on their future development. In Barca B I don't see any GK who could be a replacement for Valdes.
CB: I also like Roger Riera (Juvenil A). There are Bagnack and Xavi Quintilla as well in this team. Juvenil B has two good defenders - Carlos Blanco and Rodri Tarin. But again, all depends on their development. In Barca B there ir Sergi Gomez but I doubt he will make it...

Home of Barca Fans