Cesc says La Liga is better than EPL

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
FC Barcelona midfielder Cesc Fabregas believes the Spanish league is more competitive than the English.

Amid ongoing comparisons between La Liga and Premier League, former Arsenal captain Cesc Fabregas claims that the Spanish league is stronger despite arguments that it's often a 2 horse race.

Cesc-Fabregas-Barcelona-v-Valencia-La-Liga_2827683.jpg

"I think the best teams are always the same - us (Barcelona), Real Madrid, Bayern Munich, AC Milan, Manchester United," Fabregas told Gazetta dello Sport.

"Liga boring (because only Barcelona and Real Madrid can win)? No, I was surprised discovering that the Spanish League is more competitive than Premier."

"Barca and Madrid are so strong and it is difficult for other clubs to keep their pace. But in England you can win the Premier League even if you lose five or six games."

"Here, if we lose or draw one match there is the risk that the Liga is already lost, so it is more difficult. Besides Spanish teams are tactically stronger, it is more difficult to score and make assists here."

Tomchin

And according to Jose, all the English giants would finish after Barca and RM if they'd play in the Liga ;)

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
One could argue about being more competitive but I think everyone knows no EPL team would finish ahead Barca or Madrid.

Props to Cesc though. :)

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
Yes because Cesc at this point in time wouldn't say anything else right................

It's promo 101 lesson.....

Pepe Silvia

Cesc with his non-controversial statements in the media again I see? :lol:

He is right though in providing clarification that La Liga is not boring (because it's not). But then again, anyone who thinks La Liga is boring doesn't really deserve a serious response now do they???

Daemul

previously known as Jonathan28
Just watch, Cesc is all of a sudden going to be the most loved player on the forum just due to these comments.

Home of Barca Fans