Should Barca renovate the Camp Nou or build a new stadium?

Should Barca renovate the Camp Nou or build a new stadium?

• Total voters

Cule Finn

I tried to search if there was a similar poll, but I couldn’t find any.

There will be a referendum about Camp Nou’s future once the debt is reduced enough. Probably in 2014-2016. More details here: CAMP NOU REFERENDUM APPROVED

What do you think?

Last edited:

Wouterinho

Those who've had the privilege of watching a game in the Camp Nou, is the stadium in good shape?
If yes, then I don't think we should build a new stadium. If the renovations don't cost too much, we should renovate. But I've heard figures like 300 million and that's just too much. Is it really necessary to invest in our statium at this time? Because given the current financial situation, it just doens't sound like a good idea to me.

impeh

Hi, its me..
i loved the idea a few years back about putting a roof on it and making the outside look all colorful and awesome.

Cule Finn

Should I add a third option? "Leave Camp Nou as it is?"

Edit: I thought its pretty much inevitable that something will be done, either the renovation or building a new stadium.

Last edited:
It really depends on the cost of renovation vis-a-vis building a new stadium, but it is likely that renovation might cost more than building from the ground up. If they decide to build a new one, I hope they keep the "biggest stadium in Europe" to Barcelona.

cloned warrior

they said that as good as camp nou is it would only last for 10 more years so i guess keeping it as it is is not a good option, renovating it looks the best and cost effective!

XaviMessiGirl

God no. No new stadium. Especially because it would most likely involve whoring ourselves out to some corporation.

Our history is in the Camp Nou, please keep it there.

Aasim

Bumbleman
What's wrong with the stadium anyway?

I went in 2010 last and it wasn't crumbling or anything. Sure, it looked old and a bit dull from the outside but that's nothing that a renovation can't handle. The cost of a new stadium plus leaveing the history of the CN means that that's out of the question for me.

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
It's an easy question imo. Given our financial situation we should choose the cheaper option. Also, looking into average attendances, there's no need to expand the seats as the board proposed.

In an event the board found a good sponsor and/or came in some agreement with the city over financing, then I guess the new stadium could be a better idea.

It's an easy question imo. Given our financial situation we should choose the cheaper option. Also, looking into average attendances, there's no need to expand the seats as the board proposed.

I posted this in the referendum thread, IMO they are expanding seats in the lower side of the Camp so that the highest point around the stadium will be even and the construction team would be able to enclose it in a roof without complications. Doing that will be more structurally stable.

And regarding stadium attendance, Barcelona does host the biggest football games in the world so I believe that it will take care of itself.

Tezemery

Doesnt need any work, its the best stadium in the world, we are trying to pay off our debt this can wait for along time yet.

Doesnt need any work, its the best stadium in the world, we are trying to pay off our debt this can wait for along time yet.
Not really. Based on prestige, mystique, and history, it's UP THERE. People around the world blush at the thought of being able to go at the Camp Nou. But if we don't renovate in the near future, the stadium is going to be left behind.

Tomchin

Not so sure about that. Personally, I'd welcome the idea of extra seats with open arms. Nowadays it's nearly impossible to find a ticket for a high-profile-game (eg Clasico, CL-SF, etc.) at a decent price, because the demand is way higher than the supply. In case of extra seats, that would be evened out more nicely (I hope ;))

Also, if I remember correctly, if you want to apply for a season-ticket, there's currently a waiting-list of 20 years (or something like that). That's immense, and it could be greatly improved by adding additional seats.

It's true that the average attendance can be rather low at times, but that's because season-ticket holders don't free up their seats (when they don't plan to attend a particular game), and thus the non-season-ticket holders don't have a chance to buy a ticket for that particular game.

Home of Barca Fans