Europa League

Kerrybai

shit history compared to who?

Benfica for one.

If they can win playing as shit, imagine what they will do when they actually play organised football.

But yea, Barca hate still going strong since 2005.

Nah man I just dislike teams who's success is made overnight based on the wishes of a billionaire. It has killed romance in football, Benfica should have lifted that trophy tonight.

But to each their own I guess. :beer2:

Barca8

I had to DVR the match due to work but I just finished it...
Wow, how is it that Chelsea are utterly outplayed for their 2nd straight European final but they still win? I wish I could say it was by something noble like perseverance but it's seriously dumb luck. I'll admit that doesn't go for last years CL Final as they had a classic Italian strategy of absorbing punishment and counter attacking, with a fine FW like Drogba it went well. But man Chelsea just had nothing today open play wise.

Congratulations are in order though so well done.
How great is poetic justice that John Terry's side win their 2nd straight European Trophy and he didn't play a minute in either final!?! Karma :yes:

Last edited:

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Admittedly as a Chelsea fan I'm happy Terry didn't play either final. I don't think there's a Chelsea fan out there who hates John Terry more than myself.

K

kingleo

LOL at the people who say Chelsea were outplayed! they were 1st half but 2nd half Chelsea were the better team and deserved the win! It's Benfica's fault for overplaying they were getting in shooting positions but kept trying to cut it back to some else allowing Chelsea to get a block or interception! Chelsea deserved the win imo.

antonnn

Blue Blooded Aussie
Well, the aim of the game is to score goals. We scored 2 goals, Benfica scored 1. We won, that's it. Whining won't change the result.

PaulFCB

Banned
Kinda dumb, but if you think about it, makes EL important for more clubs, maybe we'll see more strong clubs in the last 16 and 8.

Jenks

I've been saying they should do this for ages. It'll actually make the competition worthwhile outside of being a money maker.

Home of Barca Fans