Tito: "These kind of matches are good for us"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Barca coach, Tito Vilanova was pleased with the match vs. Spartak and praised the mentality of his players.

“The players proved that they really like playing football. It’s difficult for a team that has won so much to be this hungry for victory.”

2012-09-19_BARCELONA-SPARTAK_22.v1348093109.JPG

“I would have preferred to have won more easily and suffered less. However, I think these types of games are good for all of us. Football is not easy. The comeback proves that this team is eager to win,”

“We carried the weight of the game and had the initiative throughout the whole match. We knew that their forwards were fast and that they were dangerous on the counter.”

“When were were behind we changed our style of play and that gave us more options going forward. Of course, that means we were a bit more vulnerable at the back.”

“I could have sent in Marc Bartra for Pique but there was a lot of time left on the clock and Marc hasn’t played a full game yet this year. Song, on the other hand, was brought in for this purpose and he has more experience.”

Song is a player that brings the ball out well from the back because he’s played in the pivot position many times before.”

“Bartra and Fontas need to wait for their opportunity to play.”

Tello is having a good season. He had a good season last year as well. He finds space on the wing and he’s confident enough to take on his mark. It’s good that he scored a goal tonight because he had a couple of chances last time he played.”

Messi is playing well. He’ll have more rhythm as the season goes on. This Wednesday he scored two goals. Not bad at all.”

Stric

So Bartra can't play because he hasn't played?

Shouldn't he start at some point, Tito?

I could have sent in Marc Bartra for Pique but there was a lot of time left on the clock and Marc hasn’t played a full game yet this year.

It's one thing to give him some playing time, it's another to bring him to play 3/4 of a CL opener without the team having much advantage over the opponent. It's not as safe. He did the right thing by bringing Song in.

Arachnid

I could have sent in Marc Bartra for Pique but there was a lot of time left on the clock and Marc hasn’t played a full game yet this year.

It's one thing to give him some playing time, it's another to bring him to play 3/4 of a CL opener without the team having much advantage over the opponent. It's not as safe. He did the right thing by bringing Song in.

Except for Song being an unabashed disaster as a CB, you mean.

Sounds like a petty excuse to me.

Garrus

Except for Song being an unabashed disaster as a CB, you mean.

Sounds like a petty excuse to me.

He just said he can't let him play almost a full match, Why a coach in his right mind will use up two substitutions for one player.

Are deliberately trying to look 'Ignorant'?

Stric

To me it sounds like most users on this forum know better how to manage Barcelona than Tito does.

Arachnid

He just said he can't let him play almost a full match, Why a coach in his right mind will use up two substitutions for one player.

Are deliberately trying to look 'Ignorant'?

Don't know what you are trying to say, honestly.

To me it sounds like most users on this forum know better how to manage Barcelona than Tito does.

Are we supposed to just agree with everything a manager does? That would make for a really boring forum, then.

Don't know what you are trying to say, honestly.

Oh, wait. I get it. You mean that you believed Tito when he said that Bartra is incapable of playing more than 45 minutes.

Yeah, plenty of players start the season doing the full 90 minutes, I don't really believe that bartra needs to be an exception to that. As I said, it reeks of bad excuse.

Galning

Just a reminder that there's a multi-quote option, there's no need to make 3 posts just because you want to quote 3 users.

Home of Barca Fans