Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 2101112

Thread: Van Bommel

Berkeley, San Francisco Bay Area, California USA
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jesse1509 View Post
    It's a shame he had to end his career in a bad season, but he had an excellent career. He will start his coaching career next season, in PSV's youth academy.
    Wouldn't call it exactly a bad season. PSV could have won both the title and the cup, though they managed to blow both at the end.
    *** IMPORTANT: PLEASE INCLUDE JUVENILE PERSONAL ATTACKS WHEN REPLYING TO POSTS ***
    ** TO INSURE I CONSIDER YOUR OPINIONS WITH THE WEIGHT THEY DESERVE **

Detalles, detalles, siempre detalles
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BerkeleyBernie View Post
    Wouldn't call it exactly a bad season. PSV could have won both the title and the cup, though they managed to blow both at the end.
    PSV hired Advocaat and signed Van Bommel for one reason: to be champions once again. Ajax did, so it's a lost season. All of PSV's focus was on the title, and they came short, so, yeah, I'd still call it a bad season. This was the final chance for players like Van Bommel and probably players like Toivonen and Lens to win the title with PSV, so despite the lack of major prices in the last seasons it's still a disappointment.

Cruijff's Heir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    One of the greatest PSV players of the last 20 years. Underrated much and scrutinized also a lot for playing rough. 22 prizes won in his career, you have to salute that.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He was one of my favorite players in 2006 team ,was really disappointed when we sold him

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    He may have been a douche but he was the kind of guy that could motivate his players around him to dig deep, we needed a guy like him during the last 2 years of Riijkards era

You're not even a real journalism
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    very good player and also honest about himself. with van bommel you always knew he was going to play like scum. I rather have players like him than the ones who high five you before the match and then elbow you in the ribs during a corner.
    but oh boy, his performance in the wc 2010 final... I still don't know how iniesta's ligaments survived this

Cruijff's Heir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Going to his final match tomorrow in Eindhoven! Players who will be on his side against the current PSV squad:

Goalkeepers:
    Gomes, Waterreus, Lodewijks

Defenders:
    Van der Wiel, Bouma, Jaap Stam, van Bronckhorst, Luca Antonini, Alex

Midfielders:
    Torsten Frings, Thomas Muller, Wesley Sneijder, Kevin-Prince Boateng, Johan Vogel, John de Jong, Bruggink, Philip Cocu (?)

Forwards:
    Arjen Robben, Ribery, Luc Nilis, Mateja Kezman, Roy Makaay, Zlatan Ibrahimović, Dirk Kuyt

Coaches:
    Fred Rutten, Bert van Marwijk.

Man, what a team...

Salid y disfrutad.

Blaugrana al vent
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Move this thread to Legends and Retired players then

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    I'm on a photo with van Bommel
    Fernando Ricksen, former football pro and Dutch international introduced his biography to the public in my home town last thursday and his buddy van Bommel was there. I took the opportunity and asked him if he wanted to pose for a picture with me (in the dialect that people in this region speak), and ofcourse he agreed. Its a pretty crappy photo because the light sucked and i forgot to turn the flashlight on but I am happy with the picture.

It was also a sad day because Ricksen was giagnosed with motor neurone disease that day. He didn't want to cancel the presentation because of all the preparations that had been made for that day.
    Last edited by Gilles; 5th November 2013 at 05:01 PM.

Cruijff's Heir
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Please note: It is Fernando Ricksen who is diagnosed with ALS, not Van Bommel. Doesn't make it any less awful, but just to avoid confusion.

Salid y disfrutad.