Van Bommel

MinaFCB

Van Bommel's performance in that one season was great ...and about his duel with Messi he said if he needed to do it he 'll do it...so i expected it...although im not supporting such stuff

reiniksrobis

Munichmaniac
How can someone like MvB! I like aggresive players, my TOP3 players is Ribery, Ballack and GATTUSO, but MvB, Oddo and Rensing was Bayern weak links this season. MvB can't tackle!

Guardian

People love him because:
1) he scored at Bernabeu
2) showed an obscene gesture to Madrid fans
3) brought luck to Barca in his first and only season
4) won a red card to Mahammadou Diarra, and was sent off too
5) he's dirty fuck in general

maz

I walk the line
He's a mercenary and will do the dirty work for whichever team he plays for. There is no love lost when he moves club. Its why we loved him so much.

VivaBarca

If Carlsberg did forum members
I can't say I admire him or really respect him. Not my favourite player and has had a few unsavoury comments about Barca.

jairzinho

Was Van B only with us for one year? I always liked that fella

I liked him too...i never really understood why we sold him...he is a good player and leader on the pitch...i guess the style of primera was never to his liking..

mark-van-bommel.jpg

maz

I walk the line
I think its because he played a big part in us winning la liga and the champions league, and didnt want to stagnate. Also we got offered a really good price for him that the management didnt want to turn down.

S

Snyde

BTW I feel everyone dismissed him as a poor player when he was here then started to love him when they missed his bit the next season esp. when Edmilson and Motta didn't show up with the goods. Similar in a way to Seri/Keita, they're both so undervalued by fans.

maz

I walk the line
I dunno, i personally loved him when he was here. Although i guess you're right, i remember when we sold him most people on the old fcb site said thank god we got rid of him. Then eventually they started to realise how important he was!

Although i really like keita..its just a shame he is approaching 30.

S

Snyde

Meant Sergi/Keita but you can add Guddy to that list too. However for him to play well he should play his natural game and not try to imitate other Barca player's style.

Poor_Sunyol

In Lucho we trust!
I dunno, i personally loved him when he was here. Although i guess you're right, i remember when we sold him most people on the old fcb site said thank god we got rid of him. Then eventually they started to realise how important he was!

Although i really like keita..its just a shame he is approaching 30.

No they didn't. The general concensus was that he wasn't going to get enough first team action for a player of his quality and to wish him well with his next team. Everyone like Van Bommel because of his commitment to learning Catalan and the fact that he was and still is a Cule.

Home of Barca Fans