Vilanova: "We have to be on guard"

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
Tito Vilanova spoke on Barca's starting the Champions League campaign and stressed the importance of taking things step bu step.

“Spartak have a good team, they’re very good on the counter and their reference point up top, Emenike, is dynamic. I’m sure they won’t make it easy for us”

"Emery has always been a very complicated manager, courageous. He always made his players pressure us high up the pitch and I have the impression that he’ll do that tomorrow.”

2012-09-18_ENTRENO_06.v1347984436.JPG

“100% start in La Liga should be given the importance it deserves. Win or lose, it’s of no use to look back.“The Champions League is another competition, I’ll talk about the Liga on Friday. We have to be on guard from the first moment in the Champions League. We know from experience because we’ve had to play complicated pre-tournament qualifiers before.”

“The first match at home is very important. We won’t be trailing behind the other teams in the group if we win. Barça has been comfortable in the Champions League in recent years, but we know that it’s a very difficult competition.”

“It’s too soon to make any predictions, there are clubs that have reinforced themselves really well. Last year United and City were eliminated in the group stage”

“What’s truly important is that we take it a game at a time. If we’re lucky enough to play in that stadium, then we’ll talk. It’s too soon to talk about it now.”

Home of Barca Fans