Adama Traore

God Serena

He may have poor football IQ but playing players who can't dribble on the wing as wingers such as Munir, Rafinha is also stupid. If I was Barcelona I would have given him 1 year playing in the A team to see what he does and what the opposition does to combat him. A 3-4-3 with Messi and Adama on the right wing would have been fun to watch. You cannot put 4 players on Messi if Adama is also on the wing.

Maybe if Adama had shown he had a goalscoring touch in his time at the academy or B team that'd be more valid, but if you let him dribble in on goal and cover his supporting runs he generally turns useless.

xXKonan

DM6hviZWsAIEbGk.jpg:large

Found this off reddit.

Comparing his dribbling stats etc in the English Championship.

GoodKid

I could see him becoming a helluva Player if he would Play under a Couch like Guardiola that teaches him to Play more intelligently.

khaled_a_d

He isn't even a starter in 2nd division? 4 starts out of 11 games he was available ?
And he is amazing dribbler specially beside the line, that was never a question.

JamDav1982

I could see him becoming a helluva Player if he would Play under a Couch like Guardiola that teaches him to Play more intelligently.

Think you are putting too much emphasis on coaching and coaches for years will have been trying to change him.

Players like him dont just got to a Guardiola and change who they are.

xXKonan

There's players that can improve with good coaching but Adama though I can't see it.

He has the technical ability,pace and Physique but that's about it. He might get better but unfortunately he will likely never have the IQ to match up with his current skill set.

te amo barca

Blaugrana al vent
He will thrive in a set-up where the only two things needed from him will be to beat his marker and deliver a cross in the box.

GoodKid

Think you are putting too much emphasis on coaching and coaches for years will have been trying to change him.

Players like him dont just got to a Guardiola and change who they are.

I am not really informed about who Coached Adama in the past, so i dont really know how much effort was put on improving him. But let's look at Boateng for example who was a really average Defender pre-Guardiola and now is one of the best in the world. He already was strong physically and thechnically, but was lacking in Things like intelligence, awareness etc. And I think that Adama is similar to boateng in that case, because he has all the Tools to bea a great Player except for his footballing IQ. Also, those Things can be aquired relatively quicky by good Coaches.
Look at Hoffenheim under Nagelsmann for example. He has transformed a average team into a Possession based Team where every Player has improved in Terms of pressing resistance, awareness, intelligence etc.

BBZ8800

DM6hviZWsAIEbGk.jpg:large

Found this off reddit.

Comparing his dribbling stats etc in the English Championship.

Quite possible. As others said, he just takes the ball, puts his head down and dribble till death (until he loses the ball) and then repeats the same the next time when he gets the ball.
3-4 years ago, people on this forum used to ask: guys, do you think that he could win BaloonDOr one day? :p

I am not really informed about who Coached Adama in the past, so i dont really know how much effort was put on improving him. But let's look at Boateng for example who was a really average Defender pre-Guardiola and now is one of the best in the world. He already was strong physically and thechnically, but was lacking in Things like intelligence, awareness etc. And I think that Adama is similar to boateng in that case, because he has all the Tools to bea a great Player except for his footballing IQ. Also, those Things can be aquired relatively quicky by good Coaches.
Look at Hoffenheim under Nagelsmann for example. He has transformed a average team into a Possession based Team where every Player has improved in Terms of pressing resistance, awareness, intelligence etc.

How on Earth can you improve your IQ?
This is not just a footballing IQ.

A guy who plays like him all the time can't have too high IQ as a person in general.
How will you teach him to improve his IQ and to use brain and pick the best option in a matter of miliseconds?

No way.

Last edited:

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Deulofeu and Adama our brightest talents.

Unfortunately they turned out to be Dumb and Dumber (in terms of football IQ)

Sucks.

GoodKid

Quite possible. As others said, he just takes the ball, puts his head down and dribble till death (until he loses the ball) and then repeats the same the next time when he gets the ball.
3-4 years ago, people on this forum used to ask: guys, do you think that he could win BaloonDOr one day? :p

How on Earth can you improve your IQ?
This is not just a footballing IQ.

A guy who plays like him all the time can't have too high IQ as a person in general.
How will you teach him to improve his IQ and to use brain and pick the best option in a matter of miliseconds?

No way.
Well, obviously I am not expecting him to become the new busquets, but I Think it is really underrated how much influence good Coaching can have on Players. Also, it is not only about improving the Player , but also about how to utilize him. I know that Adama will never become a midfielder that dictates the play, but you could use him how Guardiola used his wingers at Bayern. They used to stay wide all the time and focused on beating the opposite fullback and crossing the ball afterwards. Also he is always going to be a huge threat at Counter attacks

Home of Barca Fans