Adama Traore

BBZ8800

Robben was in PSV, Bale in Southampton and Sterling in a horrible Liverpool. Cant compare that with Barcelona.

On every Robben, there are 1000 other players who had a nice potential and nice dribbles, but didn't turn into a Robben later in their career.
So, comparisons how Robben had similar flaws, won't work here.

Adama and similar players have 0,1 to 1,0% chances to turn into a Robben one day.

raki

On every Robben, there are 1000 other players who had a nice potential and nice dribbles, but didn't turn into a Robben later in their career.
So, comparisons how Robben had similar flaws, won't work here.

Adama and similar players have 0,1 to 1,0% chances to turn into a Robben one day.

I don´t believe in Nostradamus kind of posts.

BBZ8800

I don´t believe in Nostradamus kind of posts.

Then try to learn from history and from 100s of other players who had similar skills and similar flaws like Adama.
It doesn't need to "end" that way, of course.

But if 9 our 10 players with flaws like Adama don't turn into a world class players, and 1 out of 10 improve significantly later during their career, that should make you slightly more cautious about players like Adama, who are good in one thing and poor in 4-5 other things.

And no, Adama is not similar to a young Robben.
The same as young Halilovic is not similar to young Messi.

They ARE similar in one virtue.
But overall game of young Messi or young Robben was not that poor as Adama's or Halil's.

It is hard to explain in numbers, but Messi and Robben had:
10/10 in dribbling
-- and 6-7/10 in other skills, and later improved in those skills

Adama or Halil have 9-10/10 in dribbling
-- but 3/10 in other skills

-- so, Messi and Robben improved from 7/10 to 10/10 in other skills (that's a reasonable and expected improvement for every player)
-- these guys would need to improve from 3/10 to 10/10 (that happens almost never)

So, no, they are not similar players like young Messi and young Robben.
Those guys were much better all-round players, without critical flaws.

Last edited:

JamDav1982

Adama is promoted to first team next year ( even if he will be loan ) and play to barcelona first team is difficult for offensive players you can see that with Suarez and Alexis Sanchez, we are talking about one of the best team of the world , your really think adama is not in the first team with liverpool or PSV ?

Yes I dont think Adama would even be close to the first teams of Liverpool and PSV at the moment.

Icarium

Lifestealer
Adama might be good enough for mid table epl teams. West ham or stoke clubs like that, definitely he is not ready for Liverpool. Not sure about psv, don't know their level exactly. But I am sure he can become a starter in half season or max 1 season. Considering how depay became their star player at such young age.

Galning

Adama might be good enough for mid table epl teams. West ham or stoke clubs like that, definitely he is not ready for Liverpool. Not sure about psv, don't know their level exactly. But I am sure he can become a starter in half season or max 1 season. Considering how depay became their star player at such young age.

He would be a starter for PSV, no doubt. Guardado is their star player and he was playing for Depor.. Eredivisie is also nothing compared to the Premier League.

Icarium

Lifestealer
He would be a starter for PSV, no doubt. Guardado is their star player and he was playing for Depor.. Eredivisie is also nothing compared to the Premier League.

I would loan him where there is a guarantee that he will start, don't want situations like deulofeu again. PSV might be a good choice then.

navidjaan

Don't think we should loan Adama out. He needs to stay at Barça to gain some footballing intelligence from our other attacking midfielders. If we loan him out, it will take much, much more time for him to understand that he can't always go on ridiculous dribbling runs but that he needs to pass the ball more, even the most simplest of passes, just to add variety, because otherwise it will be way too easy for La Liga defenders to see what he's planning.

I'd say let him stay at Barça and make him compete with Deulofeu/Munir/Sandro to be the back-up for Messi, Neymar and Suárez.

Home of Barca Fans