Adama Traore

GoodKid

There isnt a system like that.

He wont thrive anywhere he is too one dimensional.

Guardiolas Teams since Bayern always Play with wide Players that are instruced to make deep runs or beat their marker. Thats Leroy Sane's current role and it has been Douglas Costas and Coman's role at Bayern.

BBZ8800

Well, obviously I am not expecting him to become the new busquets, but I Think it is really underrated how much influence good Coaching can have on Players. Also, it is not only about improving the Player , but also about how to utilize him. I know that Adama will never become a midfielder that dictates the play, but you could use him how Guardiola used his wingers at Bayern. They used to stay wide all the time and focused on beating the opposite fullback and crossing the ball afterwards. Also he is always going to be a huge threat at Counter attacks

Your are insanely underestimating the importance of player's IQ.

Xavi was able to predict 3-4 moves in the future.
Regular players probably can predict 1-2 future moves of their teammates and their opponents (in the next few seconds).
Adama probably can't predict what will happen with HIM, with his opponents and with his teammates even 0,1 second in the future.

Not to mention adding different options (based on those predictions) into maths and then deciding in a milisecond, which one of these predicted scenarios will be the best for you and your team.

In short, this guy switches off his brain and predictions, just takes the ball and run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run.
Then he loses the ball and when he gets it again, he does the same over and over, run and dribble, run, run, run, run...

GoodKid

Your are insanely underestimating the importance of player's IQ.

Xavi was able to predict 3-4 moves in the future.
Regular players probably can predict 1-2 future moves of their teammates and their opponents (in the next few seconds).
Adama probably can't predict what will happen with HIM, with his opponents and with his teammates even 0,1 second in the future.

Not to mention adding different options (based on those predictions) into maths and then deciding in a milisecond, which one of these predicted scenarios will be the best for you and your team.

In short, this guy switches off his brain and predictions, just takes the ball and run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run, run.
Then he loses the ball and when he gets it again, he does the same over and over, run and dribble, run, run, run, run...

I have to admit that I have not seen enough of him to properly judge him, so it could well be true that he is a lost cause and will never be a valuable Player.

The Point i am trying to make though is that we should be looking more at Players who have something "Special" with them even though they lack in other Areas, because those are the Players that will eventually become world class. A Player like Gomes will never become world class evn though he is decent in most Areas, because he does not have anything Special about him. He wont magically become a great dribbler over night, Whereas a Player like adama, who already has incredible Dribbling and physical ability, could become a great Player if he improves his weaknesses.

khaled_a_d

Deulofeu and Adama our brightest talents.

Unfortunately they turned out to be Dumb and Dumber (in terms of football IQ)

Sucks.

This is actually insulting to Gerard, he has way better understanding than Adama ever was.

PS: I am not sure why on planet earth would a coach like Pep would even try to coach him. Pep would send him somewhere else and get someone who understands football better.

JamDav1982

Guardiolas Teams since Bayern always Play with wide Players that are instruced to make deep runs or beat their marker. Thats Leroy Sane's current role and it has been Douglas Costas and Coman's role at Bayern.

There has not been a single player as one dimensional and greedy as Traore in any Pep side.

Jay Jay

Maybe not with Arnaiz but with Deulofeu...

I don't know why they don't try him on right back, maybe now it's too late, but it's worth a shot.

Nothanks

some of the stuff being said here is so :lol: worthy

guardiola, cruyff and messi could babysit this guy for a year 24/7 and he still wouldn't grasp the IQ needed to succeed in a team like Barca

you either have it, or you don't and he is no kid anymore he's turning 22 in a couple months..

BBZ8800

I have to admit that I have not seen enough of him to properly judge him, so it could well be true that he is a lost cause and will never be a valuable Player.

The Point i am trying to make though is that we should be looking more at Players who have something "Special" with them even though they lack in other Areas, because those are the Players that will eventually become world class. A Player like Gomes will never become world class evn though he is decent in most Areas, because he does not have anything Special about him. He wont magically become a great dribbler over night, Whereas a Player like adama, who already has incredible Dribbling and physical ability, could become a great Player if he improves his weaknesses.

Gomes is average in all areas and thus he can't turn into a world class player.
But that example doesn't turn likes of Adama into a world class players either.
Adama is, on the other hand, special in dribbling, but is extremely flawed in IQ, so at the end of the day, he will be a way weaker player than Andre Gomes who is average in everything.
When you are average in everything, you can at least turn into a useful 1st division level of a footballer.
Adama and other players with horrible flaws (Halilovic) will struggle to turn into even a 1st division players.

So:
1. if you are average in all areas=you won't turn into a Barca level of a player
2. if you are a world class in some areas and horrible in others=you won't turn into a Barca level of a player
To turn into a Barca's level, you need to either:
1. be world class in everything (almost impossible)
2. or be a world class in some areas and at least average/playable in other areas

So, regarding your post, neither Gomes or Adama are good examples.
None of them will turn into anything special.
And yet, Gomes will end as a more useful player since he is an allrounder.

In the future, when you'll watch at young gems, whenever they have a huge flaw, more or less they are dead for turning into a world class players.
Some examples of flaws which you can't fix are: injury proneness, extremely weak physique (like very slow player, extremely short player, or too weak physically like Denis, extremely poor stamina like Bernardo Silva etc), extremely low IQ (Adama, Halilovic), extremely bad professionalism and bad temper (Halilovic, Quaresma), extremely scared player (Samper), horrible understanding of tactics etc.

So, even if a player can dribble past 100 players, it won't help if he has extremely low IQ or bad understanding of tactics.
Also, if he has the best passing and the best vision in the world, it won't help if he is extremely weak physically, slow as a turtle etc (Seri).

Again, a player in 2018' shouldn't have a huge flaw anymore.
The bar has been raised very high lately and if you are not good in all areas, you won't make it in a professional football.

15-20 years ago, it was possible to have good CAMs with a poor workrate, with slow pace or with a weak physique.
Today, you can't survive with that anymore on the highest level.
15-20 years ago, you could have survived with CDMs with good tackling and horrible passes. Their only duty was to defend.
You can't play a player like Mascherano as a Cdm anymore in 2018. The bar has been raised higher and all midfielders need to defend, pass, create, run, work, score etc.

So, Adama could have been a good player in 1987 and 1997 when one dimensional players (who were extremely good in something) could have played at the highest level.
Today, he will struggle to turn into a starter even in an English 2nd tier division.

Last edited:

feggydinho

This lad is a dribbling legend, once he's on form, virtually no player can stop him. I've been watching him in middlesbrough and he was unplayable today, and yeah he's now making the right decisions.

khaled_a_d

Dribbling was always his strength tbh. Doubt he will ever succeed in big clubs but wont be surprised if he gets a chance in a top EPL sid

Amiga73

I would still bring him back. He is a better dribbler than Coutinho. While Coutinho is a better creator.
He is far better than most wingers who can't even get past the first man. He is strong on the ball and can play midfield.
At a better club, teams won't be able to put 4 or 5 players on him as they have to mark other quality players.
As for IQ , who are people comparing him to. If Adama goes past the first 2 men and looks up, he usually has no one to pass to or 3 more players around him. If the other team members don't take up good positions then no matter what player you are you can't do much.

To me low IQ can also be
  • Watching wingers who can't dribble trying to dribble is low IQ.
  • Alba, Iniesta only passing to Messi even if other players are open is low IQ.
  • Crossing the ball to Suarez when he is the only one in the box with four 6 foot defenders
  • Filling the midfield with slow midfielders and then being surprised they can't stop fast midfielders

God Serena

I would still bring him back. He is a better dribbler than Coutinho. While Coutinho is a better creator.
He is far better than most wingers who can't even get past the first man. He is strong on the ball and can play midfield.
At a better club, teams won't be able to put 4 or 5 players on him as they have to mark other quality players.
As for IQ , who are people comparing him to. If Adama goes past the first 2 men and looks up, he usually has no one to pass to or 3 more players around him. If the other team members don't take up good positions then no matter what player you are you can't do much.

To me low IQ can also be
  • Watching wingers who can't dribble trying to dribble is low IQ.
  • Alba, Iniesta only passing to Messi even if other players are open is low IQ.
  • Crossing the ball to Suarez when he is the only one in the box with four 6 foot defenders
  • Filling the midfield with slow midfielders and then being surprised they can't stop fast midfielders

You know how people used to shit on Rakitic and Gomes for doing nothing but passing back? Adama is the opposite. He gets the ball and it's Adama against the world, every single time, except he doesn't have any shooting prowess to do anything even if he does get in a good spot to shoot. He's got the lowest IQ imaginable in a player and how fucking dare you say Iniesta has a low football IQ for passing to Messi.

Home of Barca Fans