Adama Traore

xXKonan

Has he been any good since joining Middlesbrough? I haven't heard any buzz surrounding him, so this seems out of the blue.
He's playing like he always has. he has shown plenty of pace and power and dribbling but he's clearly still struggling with his end product (Lack of Brains)

I'm interested to see if Conte can get him on the right track and help iron out some of his biggest flaws.

Jay Jay

I'm pretty sure that Conte want him on right side instead of Moses. For me, right back or right midfielder in 3-4-3 and left winger is best position for his career. I'm thinking that we might regret because we didn't try him on right back, especially in 3-4-3 formation.

khaled_a_d

I'm pretty sure that Conte want him on right side instead of Moses. For me, right back or right midfielder in 3-4-3 and left winger is best position for his career. I'm thinking that we might regret because we didn't try him on right back, especially in 3-4-3 formation.

Many suggested that,but he never shown any tactical discipline or defensive awareness for RW so it is really difficult to imagine him as RB or RWB.
May be Conte think he can use him and change him but this could be just a bs rumor,or Chelsea just buying another talent to loan and see invest financially in them.

xXKonan

He's fast, physically strong and has some nice technical qualities, but he just lacks the Football IQ to put it all together. Which is a shame because he would be a good useful option here if he had the IQ.

DonAndres

Wild Man of Borneo
Traore was (and still is) one of the best raw talents to work with for any coach willing to make an attempt. Insane strength, pace, and control on the ball while dribbling combined with no brains and no skills for engaging in team/collective play. He's so bafflingly extreme on both ends. If some coach out there can inject a brain into him, he'll be a fearsome player no doubt. Big IF though.

JamDav1982

Traore was (and still is) one of the best raw talents to work with for any coach willing to make an attempt. Insane strength, pace, and control on the ball while dribbling combined with no brains and no skills for engaging in team/collective play. He's so bafflingly extreme on both ends. If some coach out there can inject a brain into him, he'll be a fearsome player no doubt. Big IF though.

If the Barca system cant coach that into to him there is not much hope.

He is as raw as he ever was and there is no way coaches have not tried to refine his play.

God Serena

I'm actually somewhat puzzled by how we managed to produce a player like him. He's basically the embodiment of everything we don't want a La Masia player to be, lol.

DonAK

President of FC Barcelona
Well, the only thing he lacks is pretty much a brain

If he had high footballing IQ then we would have had a potential superstar in our hands. Unfortunately, we just seem to be quite unlucky too :lol:

Last edited:

Barcilliant

If he had any IQ he would be here on the bench instead of Paco.

Alot of people have been seduced by his power añd dribbling but he really is clueless when it comes to team play.

God Serena

His raw dribbling ability was good enough to carry him all the way through the B team. His greatest skill was his crutch. I guess it's pretty hard to develop a football IQ when you can dribble an entire defense and then feed the ball to a hungry Munir or Sanabria.

khaled_a_d

I'm actually somewhat puzzled by how we managed to produce a player like him. He's basically the embodiment of everything we don't want a La Masia player to be, lol.

tbf with him (and many others) La Masia wasn't at its best during that time (around 2010-2014) and those were most important time for players of his age to learn.

Those who survived was the one who left like Icardi,Bellerin & Keita. the only one from those who stayed who at least was able to make some impact was Munir who joined us at the age of 16.

Amiga73

He may have poor football IQ but playing players who can't dribble on the wing as wingers such as Munir, Rafinha is also stupid. If I was Barcelona I would have given him 1 year playing in the A team to see what he does and what the opposition does to combat him. A 3-4-3 with Messi and Adama on the right wing would have been fun to watch. You cannot put 4 players on Messi if Adama is also on the wing.

Last edited:

Home of Barca Fans