Adama Traore

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Lahm, Müller and Costa are not long-term solutions on the right wing since their strengths lie elsewhere. Robben is getting older and who knows how long he's going to be able to perform on the highest level. Adama would be a great replacement for Robben and probably would fit right in Bayern's system.

Douglas Costa played at RW more than midfield or LW at Shakhtar.

If you are right, for the exact reason you outlined, we should not sell him to Bayern.

Adama is a promising player, why should we be strengthening Bayern?

If it was Real Madrid who wants him, we wouldn't have even mulled the thought of selling him. Bayern should be no different.

Shut your mouth and watch your language please. Barto and Rosell sell youth players to balance the books. Not Guardiola's fault that Adama is nowhere near the first team in Barcelona. If the deal is done than Barto will come out saying 15M for a B-team member is amazing business, just like he did with Thiago.

Funny thing is he ended up being right about Thiago cause Lucho brought in Rakitic and if they are smart with Samper and Rafinha we'd still be secure for the next generation.

Zangash

Banned
Pep wants Adama?

Well, he is far more patient a coach than Lucho seems to be, and he was a fan of the Tello/Deulofeu style of being a good runner with the ball, so it's possible he might be able to do something with him.

Would most likely end up on the bench most the time though.

Galning

Funny thing is he ended up being right about Thiago cause Lucho brought in Rakitic and if they are smart with Samper and Rafinha we'd still be secure for the next generation.

Rakitic wasn't brought in to replace Thiago. Thiago left because the club preferred Fàbregas, how right were they there?

Rakitic wasn't brought in to replace Thiago. Thiago left because the club preferred Fàbregas, how right were they there?

Right as in selling Thiago may not have been as bad as we made it out to be. With rakitic we secured another Treble and we have two very promising midfielders who may yet be able to make selling Thiago completely painless.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
Shut your mouth and watch your language please. Barto and Rosell sell youth players to balance the books. Not Guardiola's fault that Adama is nowhere near the first team in Barcelona. If the deal is done than Barto will come out saying 15M for a B-team member is amazing business, just like he did with Thiago.

Sorry that the same language can be used on Rosell/Bartmomeu but not on Guardiola. Yeah I know Bartomeu doesn't give a damn about selling our youth and B players, but I am sick and tired of all these rumors of our players being linked to Bayern because of some alleged "phone call from Guardiola". First it was Thiago, and then I have heard Montoya and Bartra, and now we have Adama.

Bayern is already pretty complete as it is, I don't want us to help further solidify their position.

F

Flavia

Right as in selling Thiago may not have been as bad as we made it out to be. With rakitic we secured another Treble and we have two very promising midfielders who may yet be able to make selling Thiago completely painless.

Rakitic came to replace Cesc, not Thiago. And it wasn't painless during the time Cesc was here.

Luftstalag14

Culé de Celestial Empire
I sincerely hope KHR and Bayern board would say no to Guardiola because of the fee and the fact that Adama is another Spanish player that they can not afford to have. Bayern fans would go nuts. Too many Spanish players!

Rakitic came to replace Cesc, not Thiago. And it wasn't painless during the time Cesc was here.

Thiago was also injured for essentially the entirety of his first season at Bayern, he only recently got over his injury problems that plagued him his entire career. Having him here wasn't going to guarantee success especially when you consider that Tata was the coach and would play veterans over youth even when the youth players were playing better (Bartra). Furthermore injuries to Valdes and a poor-by-his-standards messi further compounded the inept coaching and even with all that we still made it to the copa final and should've won the league if not for a bad call against atletico.

Edit: On Adama, for him if Pep actully wants him then his career at bayern will likely not be hindered like it would be here. And as it looks now Lucho doesn't rate him so if I were him i'd leave. Munir and Sandro already occupy any time he could get here not to mention Rafinha.

Last edited:

spark

Hes a s raw as anything you will see but if Pep is interested that means he would take an active role in ironing out his flaws. Which in fairness is the way its supposed to be, not chucking the players at random clubs for other people to deal with. There is also the fact that Lucho at present doesn't have any interest in classic wingers so there's no point sticking around.

F

Flavia

Thiago was also injured for essentially the entirety of his first season at Bayern, he only recently got over his injury problems that plagued him his entire career. Having him here wasn't going to guarantee success especially when you consider that Tata was the coach and would play veterans over youth even when the youth players were playing better (Bartra). Furthermore injuries to Valdes and a poor-by-his-standards further compounded the inept coaching and even with all that we still made it to the copa final and should've won the league if not for a bad call against atletico.

I wasn't referring only to the season under Tata, but all 3 seasons. Cesc was very frustrating to watch, every 2nd half of the season.

A reason Pep might want him say over a similar player like Deulofeu is that aside form his insane speed and dribbling. He can comfortably cut in and use his left unlike most classic right wingers which would make him more of a threat if developed properly.

Home of Barca Fans