Arsenal

Kohe321

Kroenke is a dumb man, but he's made money available.

Wenger don't want to use it.

Oh yes, and if I remember correctly they referred to this as the "War Chest". :lol:

Well they are The Gunners after all. Though it would seem they deal mostly in selling their arsenal to rivals these days.

JerseyAddict

Arsenal's board have been running the club too much like a cold business, throwing the fans a small bone every season to keep them hopeful and then barely scrape by with results that sort of land them in the territory of a "top" club. Rinse and repeat for the following season. This tactic seems to finally be failing though, as the Premier League and the rest of the world of football is running away from them, and they aren't even managing to stand still anymore. They are regressing.

This. You can't go for 10years telling people "it will be next year" and shit it up in the middle of the current season. Sport is just not business. Fans are not "shareholders" that are happy with 4$ revenue and 0.05% stocks growth. FANS WANT RESULTS. And Arsenal fans are used about titles, not 4th places or FA Cup here and then.

The mindset of Wenger is stuck in past and boards in their money greedy asses.

I'm not sayin they should act like QSG or City and throw around money like crazy but this Wenger shit has to be put to an end. Thanks for the Invincibles, leave yesterday.

Kohe321

They really need to reinforce their squad this window or they will likely fall further down the table. One thing is having money, but if they lose that draw of being a top club, or at least that big potential of being one, then getting world class players quickly becomes much more difficult. In such a scenario they would really have to start relying on great scouting to find potential world class players, a good dose of luck for those players to actually flourish, and last but not least a great coach that could get such a team back to the top. They can't float on past glory too long, football is filled with middling clubs with a trophy cabinet full of old trophies.

Last edited:

ronniecro

so they are willing to take mkhitaryan as an part of alexis transfer,they are replacing their key player with uniteds overrated write-off,pathatic business

Jenks

Considering the situation they found themselves in I think it's great business. In the current market Mkhitaryan - who has only looked poor under Mourinho - would cost as much or more than Arsenal were ever going to get for Sánchez in January.

Last edited:

Barcaman

Administrator
Staff member
City of London, history, stadium... They had every advantage over rivals and they let themselves fall to fight for 4-5th place.

I admire the loyalty Wenger had for the club (could have coached Madrid 6-7 years ago) and club sticking with him for so long but he really should have left last season.
Having said that, fans are right, it's not only Wenger, board and the owners are problem too as they've been treating the club as moneymaking tool instead being more ambitious.

Attracting great players will be extremely tough for them in coming seasons but there is hope if they can get a great/charismatic manager.
(Pep would be so much more likeable if he joined Arsenal instead of City)

serghei

Considering the situation they found themselves in I think it's great business. In the current market Mkhitaryan -who has only looked poor under Mourinho - would cost as much or more than Arsenal were ever going to get for Sánchez in January.

I agree. Mourinho is a terrible fit for the more emotional, not very confident types of players, that need more of a father figure to guide them than a drill sergeant type. Some players just don't respond well to Mourinho's 'in your face' style. Some happen to be great at football as it's been proven.

mesiesta

I agree. Mourinho is a terrible fit for the more emotional, not very confident types of players, that need more of a father figure to guide them than a drill sergeant type. Some players just don't respond well to Mourinho's 'in your face' style. Some happen to be great at football as it's been proven.

De Bruyne and Salah are very good examples. Also, it's very funny that Mourinho is treating some footballers like garbage and then starting to play them in his next club (Mata and Lukaku).

Dan1983

Prediction champion 2012-2013
De Bruyne and Salah are very good examples. Also, it's very funny that Mourinho is treating some footballers like garbage and then starting to play them in his next club (Mata and Lukaku).
Mourinho acts on impulse and in the moment. Maybe he saw something in Mata at United to keep him lol.

Home of Barca Fans