Arsenal

Bergkamp10

If we play as bad as we did in the second half against Montpellier then we'll get hammered. Play like we did against Liverpool and Southampton and we could get a result, will be tough though.

Jack Wilshere back in full training today.

Robbie

Fancy Arsenal's chances against City?

It's our first big test of the season and both clubs are unbeaten so we'll see. Nothing would make me happier than thrashing them 3 or 4 nil, but that's just wishful thinking. 3 points would do, no matter how we get it.

It's our first big test of the season and both clubs are unbeaten so we'll see. Nothing would make me happier than thrashing them 3 or 4 nil, but that's just wishful thinking. 3 points would do, no matter how we get it.
We'll win 2-1 or 1-0. We can't engage City in a scoring duel.

PearLBLacK

Banned
How's your defensive midfield? Or, can you list your best lineup atm? Like what lineup would you use against City without considering fatigue/injuries/etc.

Arachnid

How's your defensive midfield? Or, can you list your best lineup atm? Like what lineup would you use against City without considering fatigue/injuries/etc.

No. It's impossible to do that, since that would involve including the sentences "Gervinho as a center forward" or "Diaby is our main DM" so let's not even try and just roll with it.

Raed

Dr. Raed St. Claire
This is Arsenal's best chance, they saw what Madrid did right and wrong, just copy the same thing. Arsenal's mistake would be to try and soak the pressure of Man City, they just need to force them back into their own box and that defensive line WILL fall apart.

AnfieldEd

I am Leg End
This is Arsenal's best chance, they saw what Madrid did right and wrong, just copy the same thing. Arsenal's mistake would be to try and soak the pressure of Man City, they just need to force them back into their own box and that defensive line WILL fall apart.
]

Quite a big difference from Cronaldo et al forcing them back and whoever will play for Arsenal.

Bergkamp10

Our best lineup is probably;

Szczesny
Sagna Koscielny Vermaelen Gibbs
Arteta Diaby
Wilshere
Cazorla Gevinho/Giroud Podolski

Bit worried about Giroud. He doesn't really fit a typical Wenger striker. He's more like a target man when we usually have a fast striker (Henry, Wright, Adebayor) or a technical one (Bergkamp, Van Persie). His movement is good so I'm sure he'll be fine but he's a surprising signing.

Going away for the weekend so won't be able to watch the City game. Last time I missed an Arsenal game due to being on holiday, we won 7-1, more of the same please ;)

Robbie

Giroud is a very intelligent player. The runs he makes drags defenders in many directions, opening up space for our other attackers. When the ball comes flying in from a cross or a corner, the first thing he does is look to make a flick-on and put someone else through on goal if he can't make it himself. The only thing that's missing right now is for our midfield to get on the same wavelength as him and match the runs he makes, so he can finally score.

I guess what we're seeing now is the consequence of signing a player but not giving him a preseason. We might not see the best of him until next season, but I really hope he gets the time to adapt. Drogba, RVP, Henry, Bergkamp, etc took their time getting used to the Premier League as well.

Robbie

the thing for giroud is also to score and he is yet to do it

It was for Henry as well, and he didn't score for his first 8 games. The English media were ripping Wenger and Henry to shreds and saying he was a flop, and that he could only ever be a winger, etc. Consider that he was replacing Anelka -- who as a teenager that was becoming a world beater, left us for Madrid and raised even more questions about us being "in decline". The more things change, the more they stay the same.

X

xaviniesta

if giroud is so intelligent and good and makes spaces etc why are you concern about his socring anyway then and say he need to adapt PL. just because he missed some sitter that he scored any day in france doesn't need to ring the panic alarm and say he need to adapt more.

Home of Barca Fans